FORUMS: list search recent posts

Premiere - turn Kona output off?

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ken Pugh
Premiere - turn Kona output off?
on Jul 1, 2011 at 2:32:42 pm

Sorry on the learning curve at the steep end - another post - but a quick one:

Is it possible to turn Kona output off temporarily? According to the manual this is accomplished in playback settings inside the sequence settings menu - but the Kona software appears to have hijacked this page with its own menu.

Spent ages getting it to work (and it does) - now I can't turn it off!

Thanks,

Ken.

Return to posts index

Ken Pugh
Re: Premiere - turn Kona output off?
on Jul 1, 2011 at 2:42:45 pm

... in fact I can't see how to turn Kona output either off or on in Premiere, retrospectively, once a sequence has been created.

Ken.

Return to posts index

AJA Sales Department
on Jul 5, 2011 at 5:01:45 pm

Ken,

Once you have started an AJA sequence, The video in that sequence will always go out to the card. There is no way to shut it off.

--
AJA Video Systems
+1 (530) 274-2048 Intl.
(800) 251-4224 US
sales@aja.com

Return to posts index

Robert Brown
on Jul 13, 2011 at 3:41:17 am

Are there any plans to change this? It's very simple to do this in FCP and even Motion.

Return to posts index

Ken Pugh
on Jul 14, 2011 at 9:49:51 am

see my post below - for now you can do this by nesting the non-Kona sequence into a Kona sequence - and jumping back and forth - works well - and no need to re-render for the Kona sequence.

Ken.

Return to posts index

Robert Brown
on Jul 14, 2011 at 4:25:28 pm

Yeah I know the trick. I'm just hoping this is something that can be addressed. Every other program I have that uses Kona - AE, FCP, Motion, Nuke - can all easily turn the Kona on or off.

Return to posts index

Jason Jenkins
on Jul 5, 2011 at 5:47:31 pm

[Ken Pugh] "... in fact I can't see how to turn Kona output either off or on in Premiere, retrospectively, once a sequence has been created."

Turn off the monitor :)

Jason Jenkins
Flowmotion Media
Video production... with style!

Return to posts index

Ken Pugh
on Jul 6, 2011 at 7:32:15 am

My issue is the Kona output slowing down the responsiveness of the timeline - apologies I thought I'd mentioned that - but it was in another post. Otherwise, a great idea!

Best,

Ken.

Return to posts index

Ken Pugh
on Jul 11, 2011 at 1:39:17 pm

Solution:

read this elsewhere - tested it out and it works very well - so for the archive:

To improve edit performance using Premiere and Kona - edit in a non Kona Sequence, like ProRes (for now), then drop this as a nested sequence into a Kona sequence. This way one can effectively turn the Kona output ON and OFF by switching between the sequences during editing. Fast, effective, and no need to re-render when switching to Kona output.

Ken.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]