FORUMS: list search recent posts

Premiere render setting for Kona?

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ken Pugh
Premiere render setting for Kona?
on Jul 1, 2011 at 12:54:47 pm

Anyone know the correct sequence settings to get real time Kona output, to match FCP?

Using some test HDV footage I'm now getting good playback from a single clip, but as soon as I apply any kind of transformation I loose real time playback on the Kona - the screen flickers wildly (although Premiere still plays back in real time on the computer screen).

Even if I render I still get screen flicker, so in sequence settings I change the preview file format (the render codec?) from the default I-frame Only MPEG to 1440x1080i25 HDV, this enables the codec drop down underneath, which I then change to ProRes 422.

After a render this now plays fine - but it all seems a bit hit and miss - not sure I fully understand the logic of what's going on here.... and be nice not to get some real-time functionality back.

Anyone cracked the best sequence settings? Or is the Kona real-time functionality a lot more limited in Premiere, compared to FCP?

Finally - if this is indeed how things work - be nice if the Kona could just output a black screen when in real-time mode, instead of the wild flickering - looks a bit disturbing from the clients perspective!

Cheers,

Ken.

Return to posts index

AJA Sales Department
Re: Premiere render setting for Kona?
on Jul 5, 2011 at 5:22:32 pm

Hi Ken,

Please feel free to contact our technical support staff to get help with your questions. On the URL below you'll find all the info you need to contact them by phone, fax, or email.

http://www.aja.com/support/contact-support.php

--
AJA Video Systems
+1 (530) 274-2048 Intl.
(800) 251-4224 US
sales@aja.com

Return to posts index

Ken Pugh
Re: Premiere render setting for Kona?
on Jul 5, 2011 at 5:44:23 pm

Thanks - but I've got it working now - my only problem is that it does slow down the timeline responsiveness considerably - and there seems to be no way to toggle the Kona output on and off - it seems hard wired into the sequence preset. It would be great if I could edit fast, without the Kona output, and then turn on the Kona for critical viewing. The only way I can see to do this is to copy the edit into a non-Kona sequence - but then of course you loose all the renders.

Best,

Ken.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]