FORUMS: list search recent posts

5.1 Capture through Kona3g

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ryan Henderson
5.1 Capture through Kona3g
on Jun 30, 2011 at 11:18:32 pm

Hello,

I need to capture a full 5.1 mix from SR (SDI) as discrete channels in order to upload a final deliverable. However, everything is being mixed down to channels 1-2, obviously not what I want. On the control panel I see this is the only option (all channels are being mixed to 1-2). I've tried capturing using FCP and VTR xchange. I called AJA and they said the 3g doesn't decode 5.1 and I need a decoder. What product do I need to be able to handle this? Thanks!

-Ryan

Return to posts index

gary adcock
Re: 5.1 Capture through Kona3g
on Jul 1, 2011 at 12:39:41 pm

[Ryan Henderson] "I need to capture a full 5.1 mix from SR (SDI) as discrete channels in order to upload a final deliverable. "

Ok..

There is No 5.1 Mux possible on HDSR media, it is not supported. Your audio would be discrete channels on the tape.

You will need change your capture settings to record the addtional audio tracks and this is best done via Aja's VTR exchange App, then import the file in to FCP.

If you are talking about a muxed/ dolby signal on the tape, no you will not be able to directly record and yes you would need a decoder for the audio

gary adcock
Studio37

Post and Production Workflow Consultant
Production and Post Stereographer
Chicago, IL

http://blogs.creativecow.net/24640

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]