FORUMS: list search recent posts

When will new drivers be released?

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nick Griffin
When will new drivers be released?
on Jun 28, 2011 at 5:37:54 pm

Since the Mac OS 10.6.8 updater killed our ability to use the AJA Kona 3 it's been written in several places that AJA was working on updated drivers that wouldn't crash 10.6.8. It had been said that the fix should be ready yesterday (6/27) or today (6/28).

So, does anyone know the status of the AJA fix? WHEN is it realistically expected? I REALY don't want to do the whole re-install and update to get back to 10.6.7 because of the many, many other things this could affect, but I can't go too many more days without the ability to use the external monitor.

Thanx for any info anyone can provide.

Return to posts index

John Davidson
Re: When will new drivers be released?
on Jun 28, 2011 at 7:05:59 pm

NIck, we were just told to switch to 64bit Kernal on our Mac Pro. Why that hasn't been posted here yet is beyond me.
On our system this fix works.

John Davidson | President / Creative Director | Magic Feather Inc.

Return to posts index

Nick Griffin
on Jun 28, 2011 at 7:22:49 pm

Thanx, John. How / where does one make this switch?

Return to posts index

AJA Sales Department
on Jun 28, 2011 at 11:44:26 pm

The following information has now been posted to the AJA support page for the KONA 3:

Important Note: AJA recommends when using the KONA 3 with the KONA 9.0.1 driver under Mac OS X 10.6.8, that you boot your Mac in 64 bit mode. Please refer to the Apple support documentation for advice on how to do this properly:

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3770
http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3773

We apologize for the inconvenience that the 10.6.8 update has been for some KONA 3 users.  An updated driver will also be forthcoming.

--
AJA Video Systems
+1 (530) 274-2048 Intl.
(800) 251-4224 US
sales@aja.com

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
on Jun 29, 2011 at 2:32:47 am

AJA Support saved my ass with this one.

To be clear -
open your terminal in your MAC, and type this in -

sudo systemsetup -setkernelbootarchitecture x86_64

hit return, and enter your password at the prompt. Then reboot your MAC and reinstall your Kona card. You will be up.

For those that can't even boot up their MAC anymore, yank out your Kona card, and then fire up, and enter the above command. Then reboot, make sure you are still operational - shut down, put in your Kona card, and go back to work.

Bob Zelin

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
on Jun 29, 2011 at 2:33:54 am

AND while I am at it -
for those of you intending to update to OS X 10.7 the second it is released, before waiting for AJA and other drivers, let me be the first one to say - YOU ARE A MORON.

Bob Zelin

Return to posts index

Nick Griffin
on Jun 29, 2011 at 1:48:06 pm

Wow! What a badge of honor. I think I've been called a "moron" by Bob Zelin for running a 0.0.1 update. I have to say that since I first started using Macs in 1984 (yes, eighty-four) I've had full version upgrades cause issues and dot-version upgrades cause problems, but never had a dot-dot upgrade make such a major, low-level conflict. But then I guess I'm just a "moron."

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
on Jun 29, 2011 at 9:11:38 pm

I have gotten used to the hard fact that every time there is an upgrade, things will stop working.
Testing - feh - who needs to test - lets run the updater ! And BAM - everything stops working.

I see all the panic posts of people that installed FCP X on the same boot drive their FCP 7 is on, and all the issues. Well, the OS is even more painful, cause it affects everything. I expect all the disk drives to stop working, and I will certainly not forget that when Apple did the last big OS upgrade, even the Apple RAID card stopped working, until they had updated drivers.

Bob Zelin

Return to posts index

Nick Griffin
on Jun 30, 2011 at 4:29:32 pm

Thanx to John, AJA and yes, Bob for the update instructions. Worked like a champ and all is well with the world once again. Long live the COW!

Return to posts index

AJA Sales Department
on Jun 30, 2011 at 11:26:12 pm

AJA has just released a new 9.0.3 software version for KONA users that solves a possible Kernel Panic problem for Final Cut Pro 7 users working with OS X 10.6.8 (Snow Leopard). Other additional improvements are included with this new version as well.

For FCP X users working under OS X 10.6.8, AJA has also released an updated KONA X Beta software version for KONA 3G, KONA 3 and KONA LHi.

You can find the new software version for your AJA KONA product at:
http://www.aja.com/support/index.php

Please be sure to read the Release Notes document for your particular KONA product for more details.

Again, we apologize for any issue you may have experienced when using AJA products under Mac OS X 10.6.8.

--
AJA Video Systems
+1 (530) 274-2048 Intl.
(800) 251-4224 US
sales@aja.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]