FORUMS: list search recent posts

10.6.7 could fix the problem with theAJA Drivers?

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Armando Ciurana
10.6.7 could fix the problem with theAJA Drivers?
on Jun 25, 2011 at 8:08:38 pm

what if I reinstall Leopard, and download the 10.6.7 update, Could this prevent my Mac Pro From Crashing? also keep my AJA Kona 3 Drivers Working?

President
Ciurana Dussauge Films Mexico

Return to posts index

John Davidson
Re: 10.6.7 could fix the problem with theAJA Drivers?
on Jun 25, 2011 at 9:01:46 pm

That should in theory work. Rolling back to V1 of Snow Leopard will likely make your system a little wonky. Hopefully that would work though. Can you not wait until Monday afternoon? I'd give AJA every second of time I could to get these drivers working. If you can't, go for it. I'd google the downgrade process first though. There may be easier/better ways to do that.

John Davidson | President / Creative Director | Magic Feather Inc.

Return to posts index

AJA Sales Department
on Jun 25, 2011 at 9:23:34 pm

As noted in the previous thread:

The issue appears to be a conflict only when systems are updated to OS X 10.6.8. AJA will look into this matter more on Monday. Until then, it might be best to not update a KONA 3 system to OS X 10.6.8; other OS versions appear to work correctly with the KONA 3. Please contact AJA via email and attach a copy of your System Profile to the email. We are sorry for this inconvenience. In the majority of cases, an OS update will not impact the operation of an AJA product, but in this case it appears that the update does.

--
AJA Video Systems
+1 (530) 274-2048 Intl.
(800) 251-4224 US
sales@aja.com

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
on Jun 25, 2011 at 11:55:12 pm

I install new AJA systems weekly, and there is absolutely nothing wrong with 10.6.7 and the current AJA drivers. I have not tested 10.6.8 (I just downloaded it) with AJA drivers.

The moral of this story - when you do an installation, do a CLEAN installation. Yes - this means that you have to reinstall your applications. Don't like this fact - TOUGH NOOGIES - do it !

bob Zelin

Return to posts index

AJA Sales Department
on Jun 28, 2011 at 11:45:04 pm

The following information has now been posted to the AJA support page for the KONA 3:

Important Note: AJA recommends when using the KONA 3 with the KONA 9.0.1 driver under Mac OS X 10.6.8, that you boot your Mac in 64 bit mode. Please refer to the Apple support documentation for advice on how to do this properly:

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3770
http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3773

We apologize for the inconvenience that the 10.6.8 update has been for some KONA 3 users.  An updated driver will also be forthcoming.

--
AJA Video Systems
+1 (530) 274-2048 Intl.
(800) 251-4224 US
sales@aja.com

Return to posts index

AJA Sales Department
on Jul 1, 2011 at 12:02:03 am

AJA has just released a new 9.0.3 software version for KONA users that solves a possible Kernel Panic problem for users working with OS X 10.6.8 (Snow Leopard). Other additional improvements are included with this new version as well.

You can find the new software version for your AJA KONA product at:
http://www.aja.com/support/index.php

Please be sure to read the Release Notes document for your particular KONA product for more details.

Again, we apologize for any issue you may have experienced when using AJA products under Mac OS X 10.6.8.

--
AJA Video Systems
+1 (530) 274-2048 Intl.
(800) 251-4224 US
sales@aja.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]