FORUMS: list search recent posts

re: KONA LHI Outputting to Beta from NTSC Apple Pro Res Sequence

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chad Tingle
re: KONA LHI Outputting to Beta from NTSC Apple Pro Res Sequence
on Jun 8, 2011 at 3:47:34 pm

I am having the hardest time mastering to Beta SP from my Kona LHI. I have an apple Pro Res 422 HQ sequence that I need dumped to beta SP so I went into easy setup and selected Format as NTSC and the Aja Kona LHI NTSC APPLE PRO RES 422 HQ setting. I also checked my audio video settings to make sure that my sequence preset, video playback and machine control are all set to 525i 29.97. In the Kona control panel, my frame buffer is set to 525i 29.97 and so is my analog out. My UVW1800 is connected to my breakout box component and and I can see the video looping out of the beta into my ntsc monitor when ever the video is paused. If I try edit to tape or just a crash record I get audio only and no video. I went in to the control portion of the Kona panel and changed the default video output to test pattern and I can record that as well. I've all so checked my beta deck to make sure it's set to component on the input. I can't seem to think of any other troubleshooting ideas so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Return to posts index

Brian DeViteri
Re: re: KONA LHI Outputting to Beta from NTSC Apple Pro Res Sequence
on Jun 8, 2011 at 4:56:29 pm

Check your black burst synch generator. Also check your AJA control panel to make sure it's outputting 525, not an HD format.

Have you tried AJA TV to just see if the BetaSP deck can get a video signal in? Have another SD source (or HD deck with downconvert) to just check to see if the deck doesn't have an issue accepting a signal? I have one BetaSP deck that has now become a player only instead of a player/recorder.

I have a Kona 3/3G so my process to go out to BetaSP is a bit different - SDI/AES out and the BetaSP has an SDI to Component converter and a Component to SDI converter (both AJA boxes). Audio is through a Flying Cow AES to analog converter. If you have converters like that handy, it may be worth a shot too.

Return to posts index

Chad Tingle
Re: re: KONA LHI Outputting to Beta from NTSC Apple Pro Res Sequence
on Jun 8, 2011 at 5:19:42 pm

[Brian DeViteri] "Have you tried AJA TV to just see if the BetaSP deck can get a video signal in? Have another SD source (or HD deck with downconvert) to just check to see if the deck doesn't have an issue accepting a signal? I have one BetaSP deck that has now become a player only instead of a player/recorder."

Brian,

Thanks for getting back to me. I normally dump HD stuff to beta using footage at 1080sf 23.98. I went back and changed my frame buffer and set the kona to downconvert like I normally do when I'mastering tv spots to beta sp and it works like a charm. I also have the beta deck set to E t E so it acts a loop through to my sd monitor so I can always monitor the output of what the Beta SP is recording. Really weird that the downcovert to Beta works fine but I can't master a pro-res timeline to SD. I will try the Aja tv to see if flys. Thanks again.

Chad Tingle
Producer/Editor

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]