FORUMS: list search recent posts

out of sync LHi

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jim Curtis
out of sync LHi
on Jun 6, 2011 at 8:43:39 pm

I'm having a hard time figuring this out. My A and V get out of sync, and stay 4-6 frames out of sync on this 25 min. short I'm cutting. Not sure what to blame. I have the latest AJA driver, super-fast RAID, all ProRes 422 footage, sequence all rendered, Unlimited RT on, etc.

If I export a QT movie, and play it in AJA TV, it plays in sync. Just not in FCP.

If I Refresh A/V Devices, it helps for about ten seconds, then it shortly drifts out of sync again.

Is there an offset setting in FCP to adjust for video delay? There's a setting in System Preferences > Playback Control > Frame Offset. But, it doesn't appear to do anything. I can set it to 0 or 30, and I get the same response out of the LHi.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Jim Curtis

Jim Curtis
jamesphilipcurtis.com

MacPro (Harpertown-Early 2008) 2x4 3GHz; 32G RAM all the same brand; 10.6.3; QT 7.6.6; FCS3; Kona LHi in PCI slot 3 (8.1.1); Primary display: 30" ACD; Monitoring: Kona LHi SDI to AJA HDP2 converter to HDMI on the HP DreamColor.

Return to posts index

Chad Tingle
Re: out of sync LHi
on Jun 8, 2011 at 3:59:38 pm

[Jim Curtis] "s there an offset setting in FCP to adjust for video delay? There's a setting in System Preferences > Playback Control > Frame Offset. But, it doesn't appear to do anything. I can set it to 0 or 30, and I get the same response out of the LHi."

Go into system settings... Playback control and you will find the frame offset.

Chad Tingle
Producer/Editor

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]