FORUMS: list search recent posts

Kona Lhi DVCPRO HD 23.98 Mystery Problem

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matt Callac
Kona Lhi DVCPRO HD 23.98 Mystery Problem
on May 24, 2011 at 10:17:47 pm

We're having a really strange problem with one of our Edit systems and I'm looking for help. The guys at AJA are baffled by this problem we are having as well. I'm looking for a few people who are running the exact same OS/Quicktime as us to do tests and see if they get the same result.

Mac OSX version 10.6.7
Quicktime 7.6.6

When we capture DVCPro HD Material Shot at 23.98 Via SDI (using the AJA KONA LH- 720P 23.98 DVCPro HD VFR easy set up) it comes in at 23.98 but has duplicate frames.

If anyone out there in cow land has the same set up please give this a try and let me know your results.

Here's further info if you want to try and wrap your brain around it
1) Our Lhe machines (same os/quicktime) do this operation fine with no problems
2) When we switched cards in our own machines (put our LHi in a computer that had an Lhe and vice versa) the problem followed the card and did not stick with the machine.
3) aja sent us a brand new card and we still have the problem.
4) we've tried bumping down to previous drivers and firmwares and the problem persisted.
5) when the guys at AJA were doing tests trying to recreate the problem they were not able to duplicate the results we are having, but they are 1 or 2 point releases behind on their OS and they did not have quicktime 7 loaded on their machine.

Thanks
-mattyc

P.S. I'm cross postiing in the Kona FCP Forum.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: Kona Lhi DVCPRO HD 23.98 Mystery Problem
on May 25, 2011 at 1:40:55 pm

If you open the AJA control panel, check the timecode section and click the 'VFR' check box, hit play on your tape, what do you see? (I think it's in the tc tab, I cant remember off the top of my head Brain is full at the moment).

Are you using the Panasonic 720p deck control setting?

The ones that work, is it from the same deck or different?

How about trying a ProRes 720p VFR setting. Does it work then?

Return to posts index

Matt Callac
on May 25, 2011 at 2:39:37 pm

Replied on other thread

http://forums.creativecow.net/readpost/8/1133333

Return to posts index

Matt Callac
on May 25, 2011 at 7:55:53 pm

UPDATE

Just Got off the phone with AJA. They finally were able to get a panasonic deck so they could do tests again. Apparently there had been some miscommunication when I'd talked to them the first time, and They'd not actually gotten to test it on an LHi.

They did tests and confirmed that the LHi card does not, in fact, remove the frames as it should when capturing DVCPro HDVFR.

They said they've been working on Driver version 9 for The LHi and it should come out in a few weeks. Hopefully a fix will be in that driver.

Thanks for all the help

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]