FORUMS: list search recent posts

MacPro with ATI Readeon HD 5770 and Kona 3G

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ameen Mansoor
MacPro with ATI Readeon HD 5770 and Kona 3G
on Apr 28, 2011 at 9:05:42 pm

hi all
I need help i have MacPro 2 x 2.93 GHz 6-core intel Xeon with 32GB Memory, and Card Screen ATI radeon HD 5770 with 2 screen Apple LED 27inch, it's (screens) connecting by Mini DisplayPort.
So can i use these screens for broadcast SDI PAL? i mean it's not problem with my screens to connected in my card ATI?
and can i use HDMI output from kona 3G card to use it Monitor for video SDI?
and if i can do that whats best screen i chose?
thanks for help

Ameen Mansoor

Return to posts index

AJA Sales Department
Re: MacPro with ATI Readeon HD 5770 and Kona 3G
on Apr 28, 2011 at 9:33:16 pm

Your computer displays, which are connected to your ATI graphics card, are for use with your Mac OS X desktop output; they are not dedicated video monitors, though they can display video from the graphics card on their screens. The KONA 3G card can be connected to an analog component, SDI or HDMI monitor; the KONA 3G is not designed to be connected to the Apple Cinema Displays which you have connected to your graphics card. There are many good choices available for video monitoring. Some monitors will feature analog component connectivity, some will feature SDI connectivity and some will feature HDMI connectivity; some even feature all of these choices or a combination of these connectivity choices.

You can contact your local AJA authorized reseller for video monitor suggestions; AJA resellers often carry not only AJA equipment, but a wide array of video equipment, including video monitors. If you have questions about connecting your video monitor to the KONA 3G, you can contact AJA Technical Support via phone or email for additional assistance.

--
AJA Video Systems
+1 (530) 274-2048 Intl.
(800) 251-4224 US
sales@aja.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]