FORUMS: list search recent posts

New Kona3 User

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Taylor Collins
New Kona3 User
on Aug 18, 2014 at 3:27:29 pm

I recently purchased a Kona3 card and breakout box from a friend. My primary intent was to use it as a dependable way to monitor my Adobe CS6 editing and motion graphics, on an HDMI monitor.

I bought an Ocean Matrix SDI to HDMI adapter....but for the life of me, I cannot get the "SDI Lock" LED to light up on the adapter. I took the adapter (and my 7" SmallHD HDMI monitor) to a local rental house, and when hooked up to their Sony FS-700 camera SDI outputs, everything works fine. I get the "SDI Lock" indicator, and the camera output displayed fine on my monitor.

So... I am beating myself up, trying to get the SDI output from the Kona3 breakout to display. I thought about trying the "Octopus Cable", but there is no SDI output there. I have re-seated the Kona3 card in my MacPro, disconnected and reseated the cable to the breakout box at each end... and tried every possible combination of settings in the Kona3 control panel. The audio output (from Premiere Pro) comes through the Kona 3 fine... so at least some part of the card is working.

Is there some noobie mistake that I am making?... or do I just have a hardware problem?

Thanks!

-Taylor

Return to posts index

gary adcock
Re: New Kona3 User
on Aug 19, 2014 at 2:14:16 pm

You do not say what you are trying to output nor any formats.

My guess is you are sending out progressive content to the converter when it was interlace or psf. This is set from within the aja control panel.

Note: that Adobe CS6 also required a separate plug ins download from the Aja website that is not part of the base driver.

gary adcock
Studio37

Post and Production Workflow Consultant
Production and Post Stereographer
Chicago, IL

Follow my blog at http://www.garyadcock.com

Or follow me on Twitter
@garyadcock

Return to posts index

VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]