FORUMS: list search recent posts

arri alexa editing on fcp AJA cona 3g

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
naresh kumar
arri alexa editing on fcp AJA cona 3g
on Apr 13, 2011 at 11:17:44 am

I m about to edit a arri alexa footage for the the first time. my system configuration is

8 core mac pro
i4 gb RAM
aja kona 3g capture card
nvidia fx 4800 graphics card
3 tb HDD
FCP 7.02

i want to know about the workflow for this footage?
can i edit it directly on my system or i need to convert the footage?
Plz give me any more good information on this.
Thank you.

Return to posts index

AJA Sales Department
Re: arri alexa editing on fcp AJA cona 3g
on Apr 14, 2011 at 1:00:26 pm

If you recorded using the ARRI Alexa to one of the Apple ProRes codecs, you should be able to use an AJA-provided Easy Setup within Final Cut Pro to work with and you KONA 3G.

If you need additional assistance, please feel free to contact AJA Technical Support via phone or email.

--
AJA Video Systems
+1 (530) 274-2048 Intl.
(800) 251-4224 US
sales@aja.com

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
on Apr 15, 2011 at 5:00:16 am

Naresh -
if you are a professional editor, is is YOUR JOB to do tests with the media from an Arri Alexa, or any camera, before you start the job. You don't wait until the footage shows up to see if it will work. If you have problems, you will look like a fool to your client.

The Arri Alexa will record in ProRes4444, but you MUST communicate with the client and the DIT on the job, to discuss how the job will be shot, and what resolution will be chosen on the camera, when it is set up. If you say "it is not my job to contact the people who use the camera" - well, YES IT IS YOUR JOB. You are part of the team, and they must respect you - the editor, and discuss with you what they are doing.

Bob Zelin

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Apr 15, 2011 at 2:13:47 pm

[Bob Zelin] "You are part of the team, and they must respect you - the editor, and discuss with you what they are doing. "

Can you PLEASE send an email to ALL of my clients with this sentiment? Or make T-Shirts and wear them all the time? Rent one of those ridiculous driving billboards? Or TwitBook it? Or Something?

We are so often low on the priority totem pole until they really need something, even though we are the ones that spend the most time working on a project covering up other people's mess/mistakes.

:) :/ :(

Jeremy

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]