FORUMS: list search recent posts

AJA and Thunderbolt

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dane Cannon
AJA and Thunderbolt
on Feb 25, 2011 at 3:31:16 pm

I noticed that AJA is listed as one of the companies that is already planning on supporting and implementing Thunderbolt. Any AJA reps out there that care to comment on its implementation? Is this an HD-SDI replacement?

Return to posts index

Paul Jay
Re: AJA and Thunderbolt
on Feb 28, 2011 at 9:18:24 am

I doubt it. It's a interface connection, so you can hook up high speed storage AND a HDSDI/HDMI I/O to your MacBook Pro at the same time.
HD SDI will stay, i'm sure.

Return to posts index

Nigel Thompson
on Mar 2, 2011 at 5:13:44 pm

Its alot like firewire but with MUCH mor throughput and the ability to connect to monitors as well.

There are thunderbolt/mini display connectors to HDMI adapters so i assume alot of people will be using this initially . however profesional needs like SDI will still be around so im sure something like a Thunderbolt to SDI thingy will happen ....
with pro res acceleration etc etc similar to IOHD but with no FW.
As well this would facilitate professional monitoring

HVX200, RED ONE, FCS and more,
High End, Production & Post Production
in the Caribbean
http://www.bistt.com

Return to posts index

Keith Pratt
on Mar 4, 2011 at 10:48:13 pm

Isn't it just that Thunderbolt can carry and DisplayPort signal? It's not its own protocol.

Return to posts index

Nigel Thompson
on Mar 20, 2011 at 2:02:38 pm

No Actually it can carry a display signal and data at the same time in both directions at the same speed.... hence the power.
it uses the PCIe protocol which opens up a world of possibilities

So you have hard drive using it (Lacie already announced one) the HD can connect to your monitor ..... a whole daisy chained piece of goodness.

What im most excited about is seeing a Fibre thunderbold SAN come to market, ohh boy ..... i think i just wet my pants

HVX200, RED ONE, FCS and more,
High End, Production & Post Production
in the Caribbean
http://www.bistt.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]