FORUMS: list search recent posts

Kona LHI vs Decklink HD

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chuck Farace
Kona LHI vs Decklink HD
on Feb 18, 2011 at 1:44:50 pm

I produce primarily DVD and Web based video. I needed to come up with a good reasonably priced reference monitor and a card for output to the reference monitor and have the ability to capture analog video/audio and a faster way convert files. I was told by some retailers to go with the Decklink HD extreme or studio 2 cards. Is it worth going with the LHi or LHe? The FS LM-1770W monitor seems to be a solid choice even though I'm not thrilled spending $2700, is it the best value?

8-Core Mac Pro
17" Mac Book Pro
27" Apple LED Cinema Display

Return to posts index

Richard Cooper
Re: Kona LHI vs Decklink HD
on Feb 18, 2011 at 11:11:17 pm

You will pay more for the LHi but the advantage is the AJA service..... The best in the biz. period. Up to you how important that is... but for me it is priceless.

Richard Cooper
FrostLine Productions, LLC
Anchorage, Alaska
http://www.frostlineproductions.com

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
on Feb 18, 2011 at 11:48:20 pm

Digital Voodoo 64AV or Pinnacle Cinewave - those are your best choices !

To layoff your shows, get a Sony D2 VTR with an AJA SDI to parallel SDI converter, to make D2 masters. Vintage AJA stuff looks the best.

Also, forget the FSI monitors - Conrac monitors were the industry standard in the 70's. those give the warmest look.

Bob Zelin

Return to posts index

Chuck Farace
on Feb 21, 2011 at 3:20:41 am

Thank you I tried looking up info on the displays and here is what I found:

CONRAC is no longer producing displays. Last known business locations are shown and may no longer exist.

8-Core Mac Pro
17" Mac Book Pro

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Feb 20, 2011 at 5:08:56 am

[Chuck Farace] "I was told by some retailers to go with the Decklink HD extreme or studio 2 cards. Is it worth going with the LHi or LHe?"

Decklink offers great cards. But AJA offers great cards and full service. People falling over themselves to help you. Going to nearly any length to ensure that things work for you. That's what you pay extra for...piece of mind. I've used Decklink, AJA and Matrox...I like all the offerings. AJA has a better user interface, and a few better options for upconverting, but the others are fine to.

Just up to what you are willing to pay for.

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Chuck Farace
on Feb 21, 2011 at 3:14:01 am

Thank you for the good feedback and it is exactly what I wanted to know. I'm a believer in value, and great support is worth spending it on.

8-Core Mac Pro
17" Mac Book Pro

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]