FORUMS: list search recent posts

AJa lhe/Adobe premiere/dslr

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joel Arvidsson
AJa lhe/Adobe premiere/dslr
on Feb 18, 2011 at 11:29:48 am

Hi is it possible to work with dslr footage and output with aja lhe without doing any rendering? If I choose an aja preset I get the picture but have to render.
If I pick the dslr 1920x1080 preset i dont have to render but I get now picture from the aja card. I tried to change settings with no luck.

How do you approach working with aja card and premiere cs5? There is no cuda card in the macpro workstation.

joelarvidsson@gmail.com

Return to posts index

Paul Jay
Re: AJa lhe/Adobe premiere/dslr
on Feb 18, 2011 at 2:13:07 pm

Get out of the H264 codec. Even in Premiere.
Convert to something more editable.
H264 will get back at you sooner or later.

Return to posts index

Joel Arvidsson
on Feb 18, 2011 at 2:31:51 pm

I thought It was the idea with adobe to stay native and edit, and If you want to go to another app then export to some intermidate codec. So you think its better to convert to proress hq or something on ingest? Then it feels like my final cut workflow. Would like to edit without transcoding but maby that is still not possible with aja or just the wrong path to choose.

Thanks for posting!

joelarvidsson@gmail.com

Return to posts index

Chad Tingle
on Feb 22, 2011 at 10:50:28 am

You have to convert to a robust codec of some sort. H.264 is not an efficient codec to work with. It's good for acquisition not post.

Chad Tingle
Producer/Editor

Return to posts index

Joel Arvidsson
on Feb 22, 2011 at 8:00:25 pm

Ok, so colorcorrections is better if I convert it on ingest than if I edit it in the native format and than output to proress? I would of course not export it to other applications as h264.

joelarvidsson@gmail.com

Return to posts index

Joel Arvidsson
on Feb 23, 2011 at 6:30:39 am

Ok i dont want the hole projekt timeline to be "infected" by the settings of the footage. So maby that kills the thought of editing natively. Would like to skip alot of transcoding thoe.

joelarvidsson@gmail.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]