FORUMS: list search recent posts

Kona and Magic Bullet Looks

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tony Silanskas
Kona and Magic Bullet Looks
on Feb 14, 2011 at 2:58:20 pm

I posted this over in the Magic Bullet Forum but think I might get a better answer here.

(from a previous post I found about using Magic Bullet Looks)
[Dean Stapleton] "2. Be sure you are not using a Matrox, AJA or Blackmagic type card if you are please disable this card on your system. These may cause Magic Bullet Looks to operate incorrectly."

Just curious... what are some workflows to get Looks to render correctly with a system with an AJA Kona card? Guess I'm out of the loop as I haven't heard this as a reason for the render errors. By saying that the Kona and Blackmagic cards are incompatible with Looks is like saying that 3/4th's of your user-base shouldn't be using the plug-in. Is there going to be a fix?

tony

tony

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Kona and Magic Bullet Looks
on Feb 15, 2011 at 2:05:55 am

WHoever said that is a moron. How the heck are you supposed to view what you are doing without a capture card and external monitor?

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Tony Silanskas
on Feb 15, 2011 at 3:19:04 am

Shane, do you use Looks at all, and if so, how do you overcome the intermittent render errors? The one I get the most is that the highlights in the footage blow-out terribly only on a render. I've had some success with lowering the opacity of the clip to 99% and then render again but that doesn't always work.

tony

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Feb 15, 2011 at 3:34:11 am

I used it for a day or two but gave up. I didn't care for the interface. I must prefer using Colorista 2.

Although now that I think about it, I don't think there was a way to monitor externally with LOOKS and a capture card. Maybe that's why I gave up on it. I don't rightly remember.

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Doug Beal
on Feb 17, 2011 at 2:30:48 am

There is no output to the kona using looks while you are prepping (building) a look. If you have an approximate idea of the difference between your computer display and HD/SD SDI monitor some cool looks can be achieved. as soon as the look is applied it is available on the Kona because now you're back in the FCP environment. It is a trick to fine tweak. I use it as a plugin in FCP

Doug Beal
Editor / Engineer
Rock Creative Images
Nashville TN

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]