FORUMS: list search recent posts

AJA Kona LHi and Outputs

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ryan Spence
AJA Kona LHi and Outputs
on Jan 12, 2011 at 7:51:03 pm

Hello,

I am looking at buying a Kona LHi so I read through the Kona LHi manual and I am a little confused about how it works in terms of a particular workflow that I have.

I am hoping to send a 1080i 29.97 signal out of a FCP7 project which I would like the Kona LHi to downconvert to 720p 59.94 for output through the HDMI for proper monitoring on a DreamColor (720p because Dreamcolor only accepts progressive signals and RGB).

Would this work? I know you can also by the AJA HDP2 for this but it's only for one project and not worth spending the money on.

Thanks!

Return to posts index

walter biscardi
Re: AJA Kona LHi and Outputs
on Jan 13, 2011 at 3:52:25 am

[Ryan Spence] "I am hoping to send a 1080i 29.97 signal out of a FCP7 project which I would like the Kona LHi to downconvert to 720p 59.94"

That is a cross-conversion, not a down-conversion.

[Ryan Spence] "Would this work? I know you can also by the AJA HDP2 for this but it's only for one project and not worth spending the money on."

Yes, this is a realtime conversion. You set up FCP Easy Setup for AJA Kona LHi 1080i / 29.97 (codec of your choice)

Then you set the AJA Kona Control Panel with the secondary format to 720p / 59.94. Now assign that format to the output that's feeding your monitor. All outputs on the Kona are hot at all times and all can actually be sending out a different signal if you so choose.

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Editor, Colorist, Director, Writer, Consultant, Author, Chef.
HD Post and Production
Biscardi Creative Media
Register now for our Open House March 5

"Foul Water, Fiery Serpent" Winner, Best Documentary, LA Reel Film Festival...

Blog Twitter Facebook

Return to posts index

Ryan Spence
Re: AJA Kona LHi and Outputs
on Jan 14, 2011 at 6:57:05 pm

Great! Thanks Walter. One more question, am I able to convert the signal from FCP or Color to RGB using the Kona LHi? I've got a dreamcolor monitor and I want to make sure that the color spaces work together. For example, if I have a ProRes 422 (HQ) project, can I send this signal out of color to the Kona LHi, convert to RGB, output using HDMI, and get a relatively accurate image on the dreamcolor for colour correction?

Thanks!

Ryan

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]