FORUMS: list search recent posts

AJA KONA LHi --> analog monitors

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Danny Grizzle
AJA KONA LHi --> analog monitors
on Nov 2, 2010 at 1:12:46 am

I just bought a Mac Pro and KONA LHi.

For monitors, I am using a Sony PVM-20M4U NTSC CRT and a Panasonic TH-50PH9 50" industrial plasma. Not optimum, but all I have available for the time being.

The KONA LHi supports 2 external monitors, 1) HDMI and 2) component video.

I'm thinking I should run component video to the Sony NTSC monitor and HDMI to the Panasonic plasma.

Problem: my Panasonic plasma does not have an HDMI input. These were supposed to be available as an optional card, but this part is no longer available.

Question:

Has anyone used the HDfury adapter I've seen online?

Is this the only (or best) way to get analog component video from the AJA KONA LHi HDMI output?

Specifically, I'm looking at the HDfury3. See http://www.curtpalme.com/HDFury3.shtm.

Recommendations appreciated - perhaps AJA or Blackmagic Design make something superior.

Thanks in advance!

Return to posts index

Chad Tingle
Re: AJA KONA LHi --> analog monitors
on Nov 2, 2010 at 5:08:05 am

Your plasma should have a DVI input. AJA makes a converter that converts HD SDI to DVI

http://www.aja.com/products/converters/converters-hd-hdp2.php

Chad Tingle
Producer/Editor

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
on Nov 3, 2010 at 4:29:13 pm

you don't need to buy anything. The Panasonic Plasma has analog component inputs. You will not be able to tell the difference between the analog component HD signal and the HDMI signal. Spend nothing - use what you have - analog component HD out to the monitor works perfectly.

Bob Zelin

Return to posts index

Danny Grizzle
on Nov 3, 2010 at 5:56:41 pm

I understand the KONA LHi has analog component outputs. But far as I can tell, it only has 1 analog component output and 1 digital output (HDMI).

I'm wanting to monitor NTSC and HD simultaneously. Pointless?

If so, it appears, the NTSC signal will tie up my analog component outputs, leaving only the HDMI to drive the Panasonic HD plasma.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]