FORUMS: list search recent posts

Set up for Uncompressed HD capture

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matthew Troyansky
Set up for Uncompressed HD capture
on Nov 1, 2010 at 10:20:37 pm

Hello all,

I tried to search this out but I have not had much success doing so.

I have a Kona LHi capture card and I have never captured using a card before, it's always been set up for me or just through firewire. My question is what kind of cabling do i need to capture from tape footage shot at DVCPRO HD 108024pa using the LHi card connecting from a Panasonic AJ-HD1400 deck. I need to capture this footage uncompressed. Would i just need HD SDI cabling? I don't think i can use the KONA LHi Breakout Cables, can I? I can capture to either a CalDigit HD element set at RAID 5 or a CalDigit HDOne set at RAID 5.

Thank you for any help.

Sincerely,

Matt Troyansky

Return to posts index

Chad Tingle
Re: Set up for Uncompressed HD capture
on Nov 2, 2010 at 5:13:24 am

[Matthew Troyansky] ". My question is what kind of cabling do i need to capture from tape footage shot at DVCPRO HD 108024pa using the LHi card connecting from a Panasonic AJ-HD1400 deck. I need to capture this footage uncompressed. Would i just need HD SDI cabling?"

You can use a standard BNC cable to capture video and audio from thh AJ-HD1400. With SDI you can embed the audio with the video and capture through the LHI in to FCP.

[Matthew Troyansky] "don't think i can use the KONA LHi Breakout Cables, can I?"

You can use your breakout cables, there should be an SDI in and SDI out on the breakout cables. If you have the Breakout box even better.

Chad Tingle
Producer/Editor

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]