FORUMS: list search recent posts

Aja Kona 3 Won't Play P2 footage

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joshua Moise
Aja Kona 3 Won't Play P2 footage
on Oct 26, 2010 at 4:08:02 pm

I can't get my P2 footage to play through my AJA Kona 3 card to a client TV. A still image pops up, but it won't play video. Anyone know what to do?

Thanks,
Josh

MAC 2 x 3 Ghz Quad-Core Intel Xeon
2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 FB-DIMM
ATI Radeon HD 2600

FCP 6.0.6

AJA Kona 3

Return to posts index

Chad Tingle
Re: Aja Kona 3 Won't Play P2 footage
on Oct 26, 2010 at 4:29:57 pm

p2 footage is a bit general.. was it acquired as DVCPRO HD or Avchd.. If you can tell me what the format of the footage is,and what settings you're using with the Kona 3 that would help narrow it down.

[Joshua Moise] "A still image pops up, but it won't play video. Anyone know what to do?"

Whenever you see that still image without the footage playing back it means that your playback settings is different from the settings you're using in the FCP timeline

Chad Tingle
Producer/Editor

Return to posts index

Joshua Moise
on Oct 26, 2010 at 4:45:10 pm

Hi Chad, thanks for getting back. The footage is DVCPRO HD 720p60, 23.98fps. Right now, my Kona 3 settings are 525i29.97.

Josh

Return to posts index

Chad Tingle
on Oct 26, 2010 at 4:54:54 pm

[Joshua Moise] "The footage is DVCPRO HD 720p60, 23.98fps. Right now, my Kona 3 settings are 525i29.97.

Josh"

Josh,

go to the easy setup menu in FCP, select HD under the FORMAT tab, then under the USE tab all your HD settings will appear. In that list of settings should be settings that say AJA 720P 23.98. Their might be a few different flavors depending on the codec that you want to use. you might see 3 different flavors of pro res which is the most efficient, you might see uncompressed and you will also see one for DVCPROHD. Most people here on the cow would say use pro res.. I work with DVCPRO Footage a lot and I use pro res 422 HQ as my compressor. That should set everything to the proper settings for you.

Chad Tingle
Producer/Editor

Return to posts index

Joshua Moise
on Oct 26, 2010 at 5:06:43 pm

Great. Thanks, Chad. It's still not playing on my client LCD TV though, should I change any of the AJA settings?

Return to posts index

Chad Tingle
on Oct 26, 2010 at 5:13:29 pm

Go to the view menu in FCP and go all the way to the bottom of the list and select Video playback.. choose the playback setting that best matches your new sequence settings.

Chad Tingle
Producer/Editor

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Oct 26, 2010 at 6:36:39 pm

Choose the AJA Kona 3 DVCPro HD 23.98 VFR setting. that should play HD out to your monitor. Make sure to take off any conversions if you have them setup to keep the signal HD.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]