FORUMS: list search recent posts

Lhi hdmi capturing

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kyran Yeoms
Lhi hdmi capturing
on Oct 22, 2010 at 10:49:12 pm

Hi
First post, it's going to be a question!

I've been attempting to sort this out for awhile...

I purchased an Lhi for the mac pro 4,1 for the purposes of monitoring. However I was interested in trying to use the HDMI in to capture footage from a Sony Z7U.

The specific footage in question was shot in HDV1080i, progressive recording type, 30 scan type, so... 1080i30 in non-sony lingo I believe. The Lhi is able to video lock on a 720p59.94 signal. However in FCP 7.0.1 I am unable to get a preview in log and capture or a preview under the lhi control panel "input passthrough". I've got 8.0.1 aja drivers, tried the uninstall and reinstall with those. All the cables are connected properly between the Lhi breakout box and the card. I also tried bypassing the box completely going straight in to the card.

I've tried easy setup capture modes using matching AJA prores 422 presets for 720p59.94 and of the actual footage as well 1080i30. Also other numerous variations.

To try a different hdmi source, I tried the hdmi out of my 5dmkii and the Kona lhi couldn't video lock on a signal at all.

Please advise!

Return to posts index

gary adcock
Re: Lhi hdmi capturing
on Oct 23, 2010 at 12:59:03 am

The Lhi is able to video lock on a 720p59.94 signal. However in FCP 7.0.1 I am unable to get a preview in log and capture or a preview under the lhi control panel "input passthrough

Since you can see the aja control panel - what does the center "frame buffer" show for a format? ( take a screen capture if you are not sure) If the control panel is telling you that the incoming frame rate it 720p then something is wrong at the camera end, not at the card.

gary adcock
Studio37

Post and Production Workflow Consultant
Production and Post Stereographer
Chicago, IL

http://blogs.creativecow.net/24640

Return to posts index

Kyran Yeoms
Re: Lhi hdmi capturing
on Oct 23, 2010 at 7:26:47 am

Gary,
The Frame Buffer reads 1080i29.97 above it and inside the rectangle it has YUV-10b.
The frame buffer appears to correlate to the output though, meaning I can change what appears above the frame buffer by going to the format tab, change it from the drop down list under Video Format (Sorry if you already know this,) with certain selections causing the HDMI input signal to disappear (remedied by unplugging then replugging the hdmi cable back in.)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]