FORUMS: list search recent posts

Kona 3 Not Recognized After Changing Monitors

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Eddie Kesler
Kona 3 Not Recognized After Changing Monitors
on Oct 8, 2010 at 7:59:16 pm

i just switched out my 23" Apple Monitor with a Samsung that's only 1600 x 1200. Now it won't recognize the Kona 3 for output. Could that cause it to not work? I was planning on hooking up dual monitors with two of these in this configuration.

Thanks in advance,
Eddie

http://www.jamedit.com

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: Kona 3 Not Recognized After Changing Monitors
on Oct 8, 2010 at 8:01:53 pm

[Eddie Kesler] "Now it won't recognize the Kona 3 for output."

What does your computer monitor have to do with your kona 3? Can you explain please?

Return to posts index

Eddie Kesler
on Oct 8, 2010 at 8:10:22 pm

Maybe nothing, but I switched out monitors and it now won't recognize the Kona 3. I can't figure out why.

Any ideas?

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Oct 8, 2010 at 8:28:32 pm

What won't recognize the Kona 3? Fcp?

Return to posts index

Eddie Kesler
on Oct 8, 2010 at 8:36:28 pm

Yes, when it starts up. I can't switch back the monitors at the moment to see if that's the problem. Strange timing.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Oct 8, 2010 at 11:31:18 pm

Have you restarted the computer?

I guess I'm still a it lost as to what your issue is.

You switched monitors, and now when you open FCP, the KOna isn't available? Meaning you get no image on your broadcast monitor?

Have you uninstalled and reinstalled the Kona drivers?

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
on Oct 9, 2010 at 8:50:39 pm

I love these posts. The AJA Kona 3 has nothing to do with your DVI computer monitors. The AJA Kona 3 is a video input/output card. It does not connect to the Samsung or Apple monitors. I don't care if you are using a 640x480 resolution monitor from the stone age - this has nothing to do with the AJA Kona 3.

This is my advice to you. Turn on your computer. Do you see a picture on your computer monitor ? (I don't care what monitor it is). Now, go into the AJA Control Panel (do you know what that is ?).
Does the AJA Control Panel see the Kona 3 card ? (this is a yes or no question). If it does not, then your Kona card has wiggled itself free when you were screwing around with the DVI connectors on the back of your Macintosh. Reseat the card, and repeat the test I just spelled out for you. DO NOT use FCP until you get AJA Control Panel to see the card. And if for some reason you do not know what AJA control panel is, use GOOGLE to find out. (or the AJA website).

Bob Zelin

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]