FORUMS: list search recent posts

LHe HD playback issue

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Craig RussillRoy
LHe HD playback issue
on Oct 5, 2010 at 5:18:03 am

Hello moocowers, well this is a wierd one - recently put a new base level quad core mac with 6gb into our pipeline - we use this mac purely to playout quicktimes via virtual vtr and is controlled via our ingest app.

Until recently our AJA TV app suDdenly would not play audio aout on certain files but more of a mystery the same files placed in fcp and virtual vtr would play audio.

We ingest a lot of content and can problem solve 99 percent of our problems.

The big issue is the card is having a massive issue with downconverting proreshq to sd for preview and is also having issue playing hd as a matter of a fact - I can play the hd file out via the decklink card no worries but that machine is not frame accurate with vvtr - know issue.

So I have checked in the aja folder and there is no fireware update, question

Running internal raid plenty of speed
Snow leopard - 10.6.4
Kona 8 - tried 7.6 as well
Sd plays no worries
How can I uninstall and reinstall fireware ?

Anyone stumbled across this before ? Thanks in advance

Return to posts index

AJA Sales Department
Re: LHe HD playback issue
on Oct 5, 2010 at 3:28:11 pm

Craig,
It sounds as if your KONA LHe is not configured to receive enough bandwidth from the machine. This is possible if the card is in an older Mac Pro that uses the Expansion Slot Utility application to determine slot speed. For the proper configuration on older machines, as well as newer machines, you should visit the AJA website Support page for the KONA LHe and on the right hand side of the page there is a link to configuration guidelines.

If you still need assistance, don\'t hesitate to contact AJA technical support directly.

--
AJA Video Systems
+1 (530) 274-2048 Intl.
(800) 251-4224 US
sales@aja.com

Return to posts index

Craig RussillRoy
on Oct 5, 2010 at 5:54:57 pm

Thanks a bunch for getting back too me - been manic all day - once I get home I will check - we bought a second mac pro 2010 base model with 6 gig of ram would this do ? I will check the website when I get home - if you tell me it won't work I will go to the pub !!!

Return to posts index

AJA Sales Department
on Oct 5, 2010 at 9:37:11 pm

Craig,
I would recommend visiting the following portion of the AJA website to be sure that things are configured correctly:
http://www.aja.com/support/kona/kona-system-configuration.php

Hope this is helpful.

--
AJA Video Systems
+1 (530) 274-2048 Intl.
(800) 251-4224 US
sales@aja.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]