FORUMS: list search recent posts

HD looks good SD gets flickering?

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joel Arvidsson
HD looks good SD gets flickering?
on Oct 3, 2010 at 9:56:45 am

Hi I made a comercial and downcoverted it using quicktime conversion to pal 720x576. Everyting looks perfekt in the hd version but if i open a new project and import the sd clip and set aja to pal sd 720x576 instead of the hd settings. Then the clips have a lot of flickering on the vertical lines. But my computer monitor dont have this issue. So it has to be something with the aja sd output or the panasonic pro plasma. Also i can se a small little banding in a gradient moving at on second (no biggie but if you look for it you se it). But the hd version is silkysmooth.
Any ideass?

Before I had not have problems with the sd exept some color shift going from hd to sd. The part that have the problem is a highrez 3d render as the source with some horisontal thin lines in it. But I made it look good in the hd version and it looks good on the computer monitor but flickery on plasma.

joelarvidsson@gmail.com

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: HD looks good SD gets flickering?
on Oct 3, 2010 at 5:46:20 pm

[Joel Arvidsson] "Hi I made a comercial and downcoverted it using quicktime conversion to pal 720x576...Any ideass? "

Quite possibly the worst way to down convert is my guess.

Why don't you use your Kona card and layoff to tape in real time using the AJA hardware downconvert?

If that isn't feasible, you should at least use Compressor to do your downconvert. QT Conversion out of FCP is really no good.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Paul Jay
on Oct 4, 2010 at 9:46:04 am

Export your HD edit to Quicktime with current settings.
Then use compressor Frame controls ( resize filter to BEST ) to downscale to SD.
Your current workflow is indeed not advisable.

Return to posts index

Joel Arvidsson
on Oct 7, 2010 at 2:28:36 pm

The tv-station here wants to the comercials in motionjpeg B. Should I still use compressor for this. I think this problem was only a playback problem since I have not heard anything from the tv-station. I had no flicker on my computer monitor.

joelarvidsson@gmail.com

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Oct 7, 2010 at 2:46:17 pm

[Joel Arvidsson] "The tv-station here wants to the comercials in motionjpeg B. Should I still use compressor for this. "

Absolutely.

[Joel Arvidsson] "I think this problem was only a playback problem since I have not heard anything from the tv-station."

Well, that doesn't mean a lot. Some stations will air all kinds of errors and problems.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Joel Arvidsson
on Oct 8, 2010 at 9:00:38 am

"Why don't you use your Kona card and layoff to tape in real time using the AJA hardware downconvert?"

Jeremy is it possible to skip the tape and do a hardware downconvert that you capture right back with the kona?

joelarvidsson@gmail.com

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Oct 8, 2010 at 11:17:08 am

[Joel Arvidsson] "Jeremy is it possible to skip the tape and do a hardware downconvert that you capture right back with the kona?"

You need something on the other end recording the signal. A KiPro or another computer/kona setup, something like that.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]