FORUMS: list search recent posts

Kona 3 on a second monitor

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Capone
Kona 3 on a second monitor
on Sep 9, 2010 at 4:19:56 pm

To Whomever can help,

I recently installed a Kona 3 card into a brand new Mac Pro (specs on the Mac are 2X 2.93 Ghz Quad-core, 16GB mem, and 2- 1 TB HD's) I purchased the Kona with the converter box to run it into a 24' mac monitor. The SDI cables all look like they are hooked up correctly, but the control panel of the Kona says I have "No video" in the SDI 1 and I can't for the life of me get the systems preferences on the Mac to even recognize that I have another monitor powered (even though the light on the bottom of the monitor glows, it remains black and goes unrecognized). When I open Final Cut the control panel on the Kona says the card is "in use" in Final Cut, but since I have nothing running on the black screen on the second monitor, I feel like there is no way for me to tell. Any help anyone can provide would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks so much,
Mike

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: Kona 3 on a second monitor
on Sep 9, 2010 at 5:24:57 pm

[Michael Capone] " purchased the Kona with the converter box to run it into a 24' mac monitor. "

A 24 foot mac monitor? Can you please explain?

[Michael Capone] "The SDI cables all look like they are hooked up correctly"

to what?

Return to posts index

Michael Capone
on Sep 9, 2010 at 5:30:26 pm

Hello,

Sorry I mistyped, a 24 inch mac monitor.

As for the cables, the Kona card is running into the HDTV AJA box - model HDP2.

Here is a link to a picture of that box, for reference:
http://www.google.com/products/catalog?q=HDP2&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-a&cid...

It runs SDI out of the computer into the box, then DVI out of the box into the Mac monitor.

If any more specifics are needed please let me know, thanks for the replay.

- Mike

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Sep 9, 2010 at 5:42:36 pm

You have to set the HDP2 up to run DVI using the AJA Miniconfig software (which is free from aja.com) and send it a resolution that the monitor supports.

This won't get you accurate broadcast monitoring though, as that monitor is truly a computer monitor.

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
on Sep 9, 2010 at 5:43:06 pm

That is an expensive setup to get a so-so HD monitor at best.

There will never be Video in unless you are hooked up to a deck that is send video TO the AJA. From the program is the Frame Buffer and that needs to match the sequence settings. Most likely this is a External Video setting in FCP.

You need to list the sequence setting and the Ext Video Out settings. (using AJA easy setups correctly will help with this)

Then you need to make sure that the video out in the AJA control panel is set correctly.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]