FORUMS: list search recent posts

Downconverting to NTSC from a 720p 59.94 Apple Pro Res sequence

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chad Tingle
Downconverting to NTSC from a 720p 59.94 Apple Pro Res sequence
on Sep 9, 2010 at 12:57:40 am

I'm playing around with the edit to tape feature on my final cut Kona LHI box for the first time. I'm mastering from a 720p 59.94 Apple Pro Res HQ sequence and down converting to 525i on my old trusty UVW1800 Betacam SP deck. I've changed the settings in the Aja control panel, blacked the tape and the machine for the first time in years is not giving me the NO REF!! message because thanks to Bob's advice it's hooked up to an AJA gen 10 sync generator. I have a drop frame sequence and I set the in point at 00:59:00:00. Whenever I hit the insert button I get this error message which I've attached to this post.

Chad Tingle
Producer/Editor

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: Downconverting to NTSC from a 720p 59.94 Apple Pro Res sequence
on Sep 9, 2010 at 1:48:23 am

Drag the sequence from the browser on to the "assemble" overlay of the ETT window.

You said you setup the control panel, how exactly did you do so? The analog output is in secondary 525i mode and there's a downconvert icon on the output pipe?

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Chad Tingle
on Sep 9, 2010 at 2:48:59 am

[Jeremy Garchow] "You said you setup the control panel, how exactly did you do so? The analog output is in secondary 525i mode and there's a downconvert icon on the output pipe?"

Jeremy your suggestion to drag the sequence into the browser did the trick and I was able to set the mastering settings and have the show start at hour one like I wanted. One small issue i noticed though is that every time I set my in point in the edit to tape window I ended up with a 2 frame offset. If i set the in point for 00:59:00:00 the in point defaults to 00:59:00:02. any suggestions?

Thanks again for the help it is much appeciated

Chad Tingle
Producer/Editor

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Sep 9, 2010 at 3:24:57 am

Make sure you are in non drop frame?

Return to posts index

Chad Tingle
on Sep 10, 2010 at 9:47:43 pm