FORUMS: list search recent posts

HDTV as 3rd Monitor

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ana Issalou
HDTV as 3rd Monitor
on Aug 24, 2010 at 8:12:53 pm

Hi all,

I've set up an HDTV as my 3rd monitor, in which I'm able to use in Final Cut to preview my footage (this works), however, I'm trying to find a way to use this monitor as a 3rd display when I'm not in FCP, anyone know how to do that?

In system preferences>display, it doesn't recognize this TV as a monitor (its connect via hdmi>mini hdmi). And I've tried looking in my LHi Control Panel but can't find the setting.

Any ideas?

Thanks so much!
Ana

Return to posts index

walter biscardi
Re: HDTV as 3rd Monitor
on Aug 24, 2010 at 9:22:38 pm

The Kona is not designed for this. You can mirror a desktop image but you cannot use this as a stand alone device to take the place of a 2nd graphics card.

If you work in After Effects you'll be able to output a preview from that to the monitor and possibly from Photoshop, but it's a preview function of what you're working on.

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Editor, Colorist, Director, Writer, Consultant, Author, Chef.
HD Post and Production
Biscardi Creative Media

"Foul Water, Fiery Serpent" featuring Sigourney Weaver coming soon.

Blog Twitter Facebook

Return to posts index

Ana Issalou
on Aug 24, 2010 at 9:55:16 pm

Actually, mirroring would be fine - but I still can't even find an option for that. The only place I've seen that option is in "system preferences>display" but the HDTV doesn't show up there as a 3rd monitor.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Aug 24, 2010 at 9:44:40 pm

If you have the proper drivers installed (NOT the NDD drivers) you go in to the AJA control panel and choose the "Control" tab and choose "Macintosh Desktop" under "Default Video Output" .

Return to posts index

Ana Issalou
on Aug 24, 2010 at 9:54:07 pm

Thank you for your reply!

I went to the control tab and that option isn't there, so I'm not sure which drivers I need - do you know where I can get them?

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Aug 24, 2010 at 9:56:09 pm

FIRST!

You have to uninstall you current drivers by quitting FCP and running the AJA uninstaller which is located in the AJA Utilities folder. Do this first.

Then go to aja.com and download the latest drivers for the LHi.

Get the regular drivers, not the NDD drivers.

http://www.aja.com/support/konaNEW/kona-lhi.php

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Nate McNeil
on Sep 3, 2010 at 3:17:07 pm

Hi,

I'm trying the same thing, downloaded the drivers and all that jazz. I've got the desktop to display, but now I've lost all video preview from FCP, even when I turn the control back to test pattern. Any suggestions?

Nate

Return to posts index

Nate McNeil
on Sep 3, 2010 at 3:44:07 pm

Sorry, fixed the problem. When you install the new driver you have to go into FCP's AV settings and reset it to AJA Kona. I should've thought of that originally.

Nate

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]