FORUMS: list search recent posts

Log and Capture - No Communication

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Adam Ranzer
Log and Capture - No Communication
on Aug 16, 2010 at 3:13:25 am

I am trying to get composite video from a DVD captured into Final Cut Pro via an Aja Kona LSe.

Under "Inputs" on the Aja control panel it is showing that Analog video is connected and I have selected "Composite" as the Analog format.

Under "Control" it says "Kona Card in use by Final Cut Pro".

However, when I go to Log and Capture it says "No Communication" and the video does not show up in the window.

In Final Cut I have tried to "Refresh A/V Devices". I have also restarted the computer, but nothing has worked.

Also, Capture settings are set to "AJA Kona LS: 525 29.97 8 bit".

Any thoughts?

Return to posts index

Adam Ranzer
Re: Log and Capture - No Communication
on Aug 16, 2010 at 6:04:23 am

Never mind. However, if someone could please tell me how to delete a posting before someone wastes their time responding I would appreciate it.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Aug 16, 2010 at 12:27:53 pm

[Adam Ranzer] "However, if someone could please tell me how to delete a posting before someone wastes their time responding I would appreciate it."

You have 15 minutes to edit it, but after that, it is locked in to the digital ethos forever.

Maybe post what you fond so if someone is searching you might be able to help them.

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
on Aug 16, 2010 at 8:02:06 pm

you should never say "never mind, please delete this". This is a common problem, and you should have said "I figured out what my problem was, and this is why it didn't work". You should SHARE your solutions - that is the only reason Creative Cow exists.

BobZelin

Return to posts index

Adam Ranzer
on Aug 17, 2010 at 3:16:08 am

Bob and Jeremy,

Forgive me. I am brand new to Creative Cow. Makes sense that I should post the solution even if its a simple one.

I just shut down the computer (not a restart)
Made sure all cables were plugged in properly
Turned the DVD player ON, although I'm not sure if that mattered.
When I turned the computer back on everything worked properly.

My guess is that the problem was caused by plugging the composite cable into the breakout box after the computer was already on, but I'm not sure.

Thanks,
Adam

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
on Aug 17, 2010 at 9:23:57 pm

rebooting the computer is fix # 1 for just about everything. when that fails, uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers is fix # 2 for just about everything.

Glad things worked out for you. I need to remind myself to reboot the computer sometimes, when I get frustrated.

bob Zelin

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]