FORUMS: list search recent posts

LHi audio settings for system sounds

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jason Brown
LHi audio settings for system sounds
on Aug 13, 2010 at 6:24:59 pm

I have my Mac Pro system sounds pushing out of the LHi via XLR to my mixer...but there is a large disparity between the volume coming from FCP and if I use "quicklook" for an audio file in Finder. Adjusting the system volume doesn't seem to change anything.

Is anyone else experiencing this and have an idea/solution?

-Jason

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: LHi audio settings for system sounds
on Aug 13, 2010 at 7:57:14 pm

Don't run system sounds through your Kona? Simply run the headphone out in to your mixer as well.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Jason Brown
on Aug 13, 2010 at 8:47:45 pm

It's not balanced and I get noise in the connection

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Aug 13, 2010 at 8:59:54 pm

You can install a hum remover or turn down the gain of your inputs. I only get hum from computer sounds if the output of my mixer is absolutely cranked to the point of causing hearing loss or speaker damage. I have my computer output up to full minus one tick box, then control all relative volume through mixer pots.

Here's an example of a hum box, I am sure there's better or cheaper.

http://www.amazon.com/Ebtech-HE-2-XLR-Eliminator-2-Channel-Jacks/dp/B00101W...

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Jason Brown
on Aug 14, 2010 at 2:08:20 pm

Jeremy,

Its less of a hum and more electronic interference. I've tried to isolate the cable run as much as I can but there are power cords and other cables running all around.

Do u think a hum eliminator would remove other "interference"type sounds?

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Aug 16, 2010 at 12:13:06 pm

[Jason Brown] "Do u think a hum eliminator would remove other "interference"type sounds?"

I'm not hearing what you're hearing, but potentially, yes.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Andrew Stone
on Aug 19, 2010 at 3:27:23 pm

Hi Jason,

I assume you mean a traditional mixer with buses, sends and then output to a set of monitors/speakers.

Do you have an audio interface, like one from MOTU or Presonus or the like? Sounds like you would be a candidate for one.

Audio interfaces generally run out of a firewire port, a few run out of a PCI slot. Most audio interfaces have balanced ins and outs as well as phantom powered mic preamps. Given you are using a mixer almost all in that situation would be running with an audio interface and possibly ditching the mixer as the audio interface can serve as a mixer as well in many instances.

-Andrew

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]