FORUMS: list search recent posts

Slow rampreview in Ae, intresting stuff

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joel Arvidsson
Slow rampreview in Ae, intresting stuff
on Aug 11, 2010 at 10:09:00 pm

If I use Aja Lhe in After Effect for outputting 1080 to refernsmonitor, then my rampreview don't play reeltime. Atleast not if AE composition is set to native dvcpro hd (nonsquare). But if I change the composition settings to square it starts to play in real time. Is this normal? As I understand you should keep the native aspect of you sourceclip and use the compensate switch to make ae display the picture in 16:9. But doing that i get slow playback..

I have not had any problems before with reeltime rampreviews so I started to suspect the driver. So I uninstalled the aja 8 driver and reinstalled the 7 driver.
In ae ramplays at 9fps with native dvcpro hd nonsquare. But if I change the compostion settings to square it plays in realtime. I usally put the compostition to square and 1920x1080 so I didn't notice the slow playback until now. If you ramplayback from prores 422 square it runs realtime aswell.
But cs5 turns prores 422 purple and if I change color depht to 16bit to fix the prores bug i loose my realtime.
Im not sure but I think Ajas 8 driver fixes the prores 422 8bit issue. One thing is for sure. The new aja 8 driver gives slower rampreviews. Even with compostion set to square i only come up to 22 fps with ajas version 8 driver? So I stay with Aja 7 driver. Then there is the adobe plugin but it seams to give alot of headeck to.

If I want to run my dvcpro hd native (nonsquare) but still use aja and have reeltime previews. What suggestions do you have?

You don't have the same choices in AE with Aja driver version 7 and 8.
Aja driver version 7 gives an option AJA Kona 1080i 25 8 bit.
In Aja driver version 8 i can't find this so Instead I choose AJA 1080i 25 RGBA. Is that 8 bit?

joelarvidsson@gmail.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]