FORUMS: list search recent posts

Distorted signal through Kona 3

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Naveen Mallikarjuna
Distorted signal through Kona 3
on Aug 4, 2010 at 10:04:53 pm

So right now, I don't seem to be getting any kind of proper signal coming out of my Kona 3 card (either with the BOB or multi-cable). External video just comes out as a pink solid color, sometimes with some dashed-line patterns through it.

Audio is just a buzzing sound.

Not only that, any attempt to send video to an external monitor causes FCP to freeze (pin-wheel of death).

I upgraded to Snow Leapard and the 8.0 drivers.

I am running:

OS X 10.6.4
FCP 7.0.2
Kona 3 v8.0

I uninstalled prior to updating to 8.0. I then tried another uninstall and reinstall. I updated the firmware as well.

Any clues as to what might be going on? Help!

Naveen

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
Re: Distorted signal through Kona 3
on Aug 5, 2010 at 12:54:52 am

there is only one way to proceed.

Stop using FCP.

Do ALL of your test with AJA Control Panel. Click on control tab, click on test pattern - bring up color bars - do they look ok ?

What VTR are you using ? Move the control tab in AJA Control Panel to INPUT PASSTHROUGH, and play your SD-SDI or HD-SDI thru the Kona 3. How does it look on your TV monitor ?

Test everything with AJA control panel, and DO NOT use FCP until you are convinced that everything works with AJA Control Panel. You can even capture and playback a tape source with AJA VTR XChange (and not use FCP) to determine if the AJA card is working properly.

Bob Zelin

Return to posts index

Naveen Mallikarjuna
on Aug 6, 2010 at 12:16:22 am

OK, I did the following (with FCP quit), and a Panasonic AJ-SD93 DVCPro deck connected:

1. AJA Control Panel, Control Tab > Test Pattern.
Result: A green, noise pattern appears on the monitor.

2. Any other option except input passthrough (such as black).
Result: Same thing, green noise pattern OR a black & white noise pattern.

3. Input Passthrough
Result: Success! I can see the video coming out of the deck, into the AJA breakout box, then back out to the monitor.

4. Attempt to capture via AJA VTR Xchange.
Result: At first, everything seemed fine. It could see the deck, play video (though it did not appear in the preview window). I started to capture and it seemed to work, until the end of the clip. It then gave me the following error:

"Trouble Ending Record Operation. Error -2014"

From all of this, I would guess that the card's In and Outs work fine. The issue seems to be in the card's ability to create an image/video. Does this seem right?

Any suggestions as to how to remedy this?

Naveen

Return to posts index

AJA Sales Department
on Aug 6, 2010 at 5:06:29 pm

Naveen,
I would suggest that you contact AJA tech support for assistance with your configuration. They will be happy to help you sort out your issue:
http://www.aja.com/support/contact-support.php

--
AJA Video Systems
+1 (530) 274-2048 Intl.
(800) 251-4224 US
sales@aja.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]