FORUMS: list search recent posts

2K to betacam directly without Dual Link

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andres Delgado
2K to betacam directly without Dual Link
on Jul 6, 2010 at 4:15:51 pm

Hi everyone, how it”s going... I have AJA Kona 3 i have a project in 2K and i wanna make a copy directly from the Final Cut Pro to a Betacam without converting this project in a SD before, well i want to know if i can make a copy in 2K to betacam directly without using the dual link...

Return to posts index

gary adcock
Re: 2K to betacam directly without Dual Link
on Jul 6, 2010 at 5:29:12 pm

[Andres Delgado] " i wanna make a copy directly from the Final Cut Pro to a Betacam without converting this project in a SD before,"

Sure, its the same process for either single or dual link.

Set the Output you are using in the Kona Control Panel to be SD and it should just work, if you are working at 23.98, the correct pulldown will be added via the hardware.

If there are any issues - make sure that your Kona driver and the firmware are in sync.
The current version of the Kona Firmware updater for your installed driver should be in the Applications> AJA Utilities folder.

gary adcock
Studio37

Post and Production Workflow Consultant
Production and Post Stereographer
Technology Development
Quality Assurance Assistance

Chicago, IL

http://blogs.creativecow.net/24640

Return to posts index

Joseph Owens
on Aug 2, 2010 at 7:49:15 pm

How and why would Dual-Link (HD-SDI Kona) be involved in this process? Betacam especially?

jPo

You mean "Old Ben"? Ben Kenobi?

Return to posts index

gary adcock
on Aug 2, 2010 at 10:52:16 pm

[Joseph Owens] "How and why would Dual-Link (HD-SDI Kona) be involved in this process?"

2K is traditionally passed over Dual Link though there are now cards that handle the 3G HDSDI spec that allows for 2K info to be passed over a single 3G HDSDI connection.

The control panel for the kona needs to be set to the native file size to properly convert on output, hence the need to understand from what format -to- what format.

gary adcock
Studio37

Post and Production Workflow Consultant
Production and Post Stereographer
Chicago, IL

http://blogs.creativecow.net/24640

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]