FORUMS: list search recent posts

Aja Kona LHi - flickering while capturing

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alfred Hermosa Hernández
Aja Kona LHi - flickering while capturing
on Jul 6, 2010 at 9:38:58 am

Hey everyone! I hope somebody can help!

We have new 8-core macs, with snow-leopard OS (10.6 upgraded), Aja Kona LHi (upgraded till 8.0) and CS5 (instaled the CS5 plugin from Aja webpage) and the firmware is updated too.

And here's the troubleshooting: When we are gonna to capture (no matter if is SD or even HD) while we are preview to set the ins and outs everything goes perfect in the preview window in the monitor computing and in the external control monitor. But after setting all the ins and outs and doing batch capture, the window that previews in the computer monitor flicks all the time. I have to say that all the captures are correct, I mean, the footage is captured correctly but it's quite annoying watching a window flickering again and again while the process of capture is going. In addition, the external monitor does not flick so we suppose that is a problem in premiere or between premiere and Aja.
We checked alll the settings, inside and outside premiere even the control panel set in different configurations and trying different codecs, and always the same result.

Any idea?

Finally i want to left here a thought...i hope Adobe and Aja release new updates to fix all the small troubles and with the possibility of a great number of codecs to capture (like Final Cut) because if they don't do that i will start to think that maybe, when you read in Aja's webpage that the video cards are ready to work in premiere and after will be quite a little lie. I will wait cause CS5 is quite new and the collaboration between aja and Adobe is quite new soon. S

Nothing more! Thanks for all the help you bring here in Creative Cow's forums! Great work, great people!

alfred:_
Logic Video, S.A.

Return to posts index

gary adcock
Re: Aja Kona LHi - flickering while capturing
on Jul 6, 2010 at 11:00:12 am

after setting all the ins and outs and doing batch capture, the window that previews in the computer monitor flicks all the time.

If you are talking about your computer's monitor- I have never seen one refresh at faster than 15 frames. This is one reason why most people set that monitor to be off/ blank during captures, this can be set in the fcp prefs.

gary adcock
Studio37

Post and Production Workflow Consultant
Production and Post Stereographer
Technology Development
Quality Assurance Assistance

Chicago, IL

http://blogs.creativecow.net/24640

Return to posts index

Alfred Hermosa Hernández
on Jul 6, 2010 at 11:07:40 am

Hi!

As far as I know, in Final Cut, that problem does not happen. Yesterday, come a technician from apple video division in Barcelona and he didn't understand why that flick. I'm not talking about a little, I'm talking about the image disappear completely and reapear so fast and without a constant rythm, sometimes faster sometimes slower. In addition, i've been working with matrox and premiere in Windows OS with the same monitor and no flicks.
Ok we can turn off the video preview while capturing in the computer monitor but... i don't think is the best solution, sounds me like..Hey! if you have a problem close your eyes and Bam! Solutioned!
I will continue trying to find the solution!

P.S. I'm working in Premiere CS5 not Final Cut Pro.
Thanks!
Alfred.-
Logic Video, S.A.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Jul 6, 2010 at 2:09:12 pm

So your captures are good, the external monitor is NOT flickering, but only the CS5 preview window?

Sounds more like a cs5 issue to me. Do you have an approved cs5 graphics card? Have you tried the NDD version of the Kona drivers?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]