FORUMS: list search recent posts

JH-3 to Kona 3 shift in communication?

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Timothy Barksdale
JH-3 to Kona 3 shift in communication?
on Sep 9, 2014 at 4:37:40 pm

Folks,

Yesterday I tried to begin a capture of material for a new project. After repeated attempts to reboot, examined all connections, I decided the RS-232 cable must have gone bad. Drove 140 miles RT to replace it. This morning I did and found no difference.

My next step was to upgrade the firmware on the Kona 3 board and did so. Ran Aja VTR Xchange - beautiful picture and synched time code but the one box says " NO VTR connected".....

Decided to try running FCP and open the Log and Capture window to see what it said. Same thing. Nice picture SMPTE time code appears to be fine- "No Communication". So ...

Now I am down to the deck controls and some hidden internal settings having changed somehow, or continued software incompatibility.

I will say that prior to this issue - I have had splendid synchronization between all of these devices.

FCP- 7.0.3
Kona 3-
Sony JH-3

It seems that one minute setting is off now. In FCP- I've gone through the Audio/ Video settings and will return to all the preferences settings. But I am confused and don't get it..

Thanks for any help solving this!

Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Timothy Barksdale
Birdman Productions
Choteau, MT

Return to posts index

VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]