FORUMS: list search recent posts

AJA DPXToQTTranslator can't be automated on intel

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Cinquin
AJA DPXToQTTranslator can't be automated on intel
on Jun 30, 2010 at 1:00:26 pm

Hi

I just noticed AJA DPXToQTTranslator can't be automated on an intel mac : the automator plugin is only compiled for ppc. I tried both versions 8.0 and 7.5.1 of the drivers, on 2 different computers, and got every time the warning : "the action Kona qt to dpx translator" coult not be loaded because it's not universal. Please ask the developer for a Universal version of the action".

Aja, could you make very soon a universal binary, please ?

thanks

PS : I know requests like this should be sent to Aja support. But from my past experience, it seems it helps to post on the Cow to get an answer from them

Michael Cinquin

Final Cut Pro - Avid Media Composer editor
Baselight - Color colorist
http://www.michaelcinquin.com/tools : tools for FCP | Color | RED | subtitles | Cinema Tools | Timecode - Keycode calculator

Return to posts index

AJA Sales Department
Re: AJA DPXToQTTranslator can't be automated on intel
on Jun 30, 2010 at 4:24:49 pm

Michael,
While it's fine to post questions on the Creative Cow forum, AJA's technical support department should be your main resource for technical assistance with AJA products.

Please feel free to email or call technical support for assistance:
http://www.aja.com/support/contact-support.php

I understand that you might have had some issue contacting AJA technical support previously via email, for that we apologize; it does sometimes happen that emails get incorrectly labeled as spam, etc. If you do not receive a reply via email, you should consider phoning AJA during the business hours of 9am to 5pm PST.

--
AJA Video Systems
+1 (530) 274-2048 Intl.
(800) 251-4224 US
sales@aja.com

Return to posts index

Michael Cinquin
on Jun 30, 2010 at 4:49:54 pm

Hi

I would be only too happy to deal with your support, but please do improve it.

When I had a problem with an awful bug on AJA QTToDPXTranslator, I sent :
- 1 support request on your website
- 1 email, on the 1st of May
- 1 email, May the 5th
- got a generic answer the 10th of May
- 1 email on the 11th
- 1 email on the 18th
- 1 support request on the website

Then nothing for a couple weeks.

A couple hours after posting on the cow, I finally got an answer from support, which tried to be helpful.

In the end, after 1 day work, I found by myself a workaround for the bug (change the timezone) ; I think that if a Developper had read the crash report I had included, it would have taken him/her 5mn to figure the bug out. I wrote Aja support about the solution. Got no answer. Noticed that the bug is still here in the latest version of the app.

Expecting that if you didn't get the time to compile a universal binary, 5 years after the 1st intel mac, it would be unlikeley you could do so shortly, I found a workaround.

People trying to automate AJA QTToDPXTranslator can use this script : http://www.michaelcinquin.com/get/automate_aja_QTToDPX_translator.zip ; it's a dirty hack, but it's free & open source.

Michael Cinquin

PS : I don't think at all problem could be with spam, if only because I have also tried support request on your webiste, or because running my own mail server it's easy to check if messages were rejected on your side or mine.

Return to posts index

AJA Sales Department
on Jul 1, 2010 at 8:38:53 pm

Michael,
Again, we apologize for any frustration you have had in the past with our technical support department. Technical support should be sending you an email with a fairly simple solution for the issue you experienced. I will also outline it here for the benefit of other AJA users:

You can resolve the error prompt in Automator, "The action 'KONA DPX To QT Translator' could not be loaded because it is not Universal" by first going to the Applications folder on your computer, selecting the Automator application and control clicking on the icon and selecting Get Info from the contextual menu that appears. Once in the app info window, tick the checkbox for "Open in 32-bit mode" and you will be able to use the KONA DPX To QT Translator Action in Automator as expected.

Again, please work with AJA technical support if you have any further questions about this or any other matter.

--
AJA Video Systems
+1 (530) 274-2048 Intl.
(800) 251-4224 US
sales@aja.com

Return to posts index

Jay Mahavier
on Jul 2, 2010 at 3:50:56 am

Actually, save your Automator script as a Application and then select THAT file and do the Get Info and check the Open In 32bit Mode box.

Jay

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]