FORUMS: list search recent posts

AJA Kona, FCP Support for QuickTime PAL 1024 x 576

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ben Cheng
AJA Kona, FCP Support for QuickTime PAL 1024 x 576
on Jun 22, 2010 at 5:07:10 pm

Hi,

I like to find out how do AJA Kona cards and FCP interpret and support QuickTime PAL 1024 x 576, DVCPro50 codec.

The QuickTime files are not captured from video tapes, instead they are digitally delivered from BBC UK to our customer, hence the resolution is 1024 x 576.
They are not anamorphic squeezed and not 720 x 576.

When imported into FCP 6 (and tested on 7), the QuickTime files are recognised as 720 x 576 and anamorphic squeezed.
No scaling, distortion, aspect ratio change is applied to the files.
The 16:9 anamorphic checkbox is not enabled for both imported QuickTime files and FCP sequence too.

The Sequence is configured as DVCPro50, CCIR 601 (720 x 576), and *not* Anamorphic 16:9.

During playback, there are some motion shuttering, but it's not occurring at a regular interval.

I like to find out if FCP has some software code to re-size 1024 x 576 automatically into 720 x 576 anamorphic?
If yes, how does AJA Kona hardware process such files?

Cheers,
Ben Cheng · Application Engineer · The Media Village Pte Ltd

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
Re: AJA Kona, FCP Support for QuickTime PAL 1024 x 576
on Jun 22, 2010 at 6:13:39 pm

that is just the square version of the resolution, since video is not square FCP converts it to video pixel aspect ratio. If you need to keep it in that PAR and resolution you need to work with a graphic program like AE or Motion.

You could force it to be square by making the sequence settings square and 1024x but your performance will go out the window and I don't think video out to a monitor would work unless it got rendered.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]