- The idea is to setup fast/simple/efficient standalone editing stations, they need to provide prores HD editing and uncompressed SD stuff.
- The ability to use tape ingest is also crucial (ingest and frame accurate playout to machines like sony betacam IMX and similar (thats expected from kona).
- The ability for an editor to select editing suite (adobe production premium or final cut pro studio or later maybe autodesk smoke)
- The ability to preview anamorphic SD and HD version while editing (in both adobe and apple suites) (expected from kona)
- The ability to accelerate stuff in CS5, expected from nvidia and kona3.
kona3 & G-Tech 4-Port, PCIe x4 RAID Controller & Quadro FX 4800
play fine together in a single system
b. what would be a simple cost/effective backup strategy (local or network? if any of this, what kind? etc)
c. how to share files between workstations (the existing two stations are running smoke linux systems) - must be simple to administer
d. objective video signal measurement? external, software based, what? (together with quicktime gamma weirdness)
e. file based workflow for final stuff (should kick-in at the same day when we finnaly realize tapes are boring)