FORUMS: list search recent posts

How capture a Xbox 360 gameplay with the AJA Kona Box?

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andres Delgado
How capture a Xbox 360 gameplay with the AJA Kona Box?
on Jun 10, 2010 at 8:15:30 pm

Hi everyone, i have a AJA KONA Card LHI-R0, and the AJÅ KONA BOX on a Mac Pro Intel Xeon, and i wanna capture the gameplays of my xbox 360 to my HDD... But i dont know how to configure that... If somebody can tell me i would appreciate so much! ...otherwise, I have everything set up by a Sony Betacam, I do not know if that something influences... once again i apologize for the bad english if misspelled! Help me!

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: How capture a Xbox 360 gameplay with the AJA Kona Box?
on Jun 11, 2010 at 2:20:19 pm

What Kona do you have?

Return to posts index

Andres Delgado
on Jun 11, 2010 at 7:11:15 pm

Hi Jeremy, well yesterday i can do it, i capture the video, i have the aja kona LHi-RO, but i have other problem and i dont know if can change that, but im capturing the video in 1080i and i wanna capture with a lil res, maybe at 720p.how i can change that? haha other thing, i dont have ref on my tv, if i wanna see on my tv i must connect other HDMI cable on the out port of the aja kona and connect to my tv in the HDMI?

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Jun 11, 2010 at 8:04:24 pm

[Andres Delgado] "maybe at 720p.how i can change that?"

Simply set your capture preset to 720p59.94 (or 720p50, depending on where you are in the world).

If you take a look at your Kona control panel, make sure your primary format is set to 720p and your secondary format is set for 1080i (or your incoming signal).

Control Panel should look like this:

[Andres Delgado] " i dont have ref on my tv, if i wanna see on my tv i must connect other HDMI cable on the out port of the aja kona and connect to my tv in the HDMI?"

No reference needed as when capturing, the Kona references incoming video only.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Andres Delgado
on Jun 11, 2010 at 8:58:17 pm

Hi Jeremy, yes i know that, the Log and capture have a preview ref, but when is captruing the video this ref in not in real time and i need see in RT because i need play when im capturing the video...

Return to posts index

Andres Delgado
on Jun 11, 2010 at 9:25:16 pm

Jeremy, see how i have configured the panel control: Let me know if something wrong, i have other problem sometimes when i capture then report me a drop frames and my capture is canceled!

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Jun 11, 2010 at 10:09:22 pm

You're trying to capture 10bit uncompressed. Try the 1080i DVCPro HD easy setup.

Return to posts index

Stuart Simpson
on Jun 14, 2010 at 9:39:54 am

[Andres Delgado] "i wanna capture with a lil res, maybe at 720p.how i can change that?"

Rather than have the Kona downconvert your 1080i signal I would set the xbox itself to 720p. You can do this from the xbox system settings blade. Then just use a regular 720p to Prores easy setup. Should be less confusing.

[Andres Delgado] "if i wanna see on my tv i must connect other HDMI cable on the out port of the aja kona and connect to my tv in the HDMI?"

Yes.

-Stuart
7 MacPros - Kona 3, Kona LH & Kona LHi
1 G5 - Kona LH
xbox360, Wii, PSP, PS3
http://www.speak.co.uk

Return to posts index

Andres Delgado
on Jun 14, 2010 at 1:08:17 pm

Hi Stuart, when i change the capture preset to 720p and i open the log and capture the image of reference, you know what i mean? dissapear, looks like can't capture in this setup 720p for example, i change again to 1080i and the image come back, i have a bad setup in my aja control panel or in FCP, or both! Hahaha excuse me if a write some wrong... I'm latin! :P “Saludos”

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Jun 14, 2010 at 3:04:24 pm

You are missing something, you haven't setup the control panel like I pictured. Choose a 720p DVCPRo HD easy setup (you don't have a raid or other capture device do you?) and then open your Kona control panel. Change the secondary format to 1080i and you will see a cross-convert icon, just like its pictured here. I have reposted it for your convenience. If you capture 720p59.94, the file size is not much smaller than 1080i29.97. If you don't have a raid to capture with, you will get dropped frames. Try using a lower bandwidth codec, which is why I recommend DVCPro HD. Control panel:

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Andres Delgado
on Jun 14, 2010 at 4:01:48 pm

Jeremy about the drop frames is rare bcause i have a G Speed, eS connect by eSata!i will try the steps that you told me!

Return to posts index

Andres Delgado
on Jun 14, 2010 at 4:01:47 pm

Jeremy about the drop frames is rare bcause i have a G Speed, eS connect by eSata!i will try the steps that you told me!

Return to posts index

Andres Delgado
on Jun 15, 2010 at 12:31:39 am

Hi Jeremy, one question, what is the diference in the Control Panel - Inputs beetween LTC and Reference?

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Jun 15, 2010 at 1:40:55 am

LTC is a dedicated timecode input from devices that send Longitudinal TimeCode (LTC).

Reference is a dedicated input from a device that sends bi or tri level sync, which is aka blackburst or sync or genlock.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]