FORUMS: list search recent posts

Kona Lhe and Snow Leopard upgrade problems

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ed Ethridge
Kona Lhe and Snow Leopard upgrade problems
on Jun 10, 2010 at 1:16:30 pm

I recently upgraded my Mac Pro 1,3 to Snow Leopard from Leopard and installed my old version of Final Cut Studio v6. I then upgraded both FCS to v7 as well as upgraded Adobe CS3 to CS5. The problems I am experiencing include the following: When I import .aiff files that are sent to me via email, FCS crashes. My Kona control panel resets it's default video output and Genlock inputs every time I restart Final Cut and Final Cut is generally very slow to start up. It runs through all the module initialization and then hangs for up to 60 seconds before launching. I suspect there may be some Quicktime preference issues. I did have QT7 installed on the machine before I upgraded to SL but it looks as though QT7 has been put in the utilities folder where it belongs. Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated.

Return to posts index

Ed Ethridge
Re: Kona Lhe and Snow Leopard upgrade problems
on Jun 10, 2010 at 1:17:30 pm

sorry, I forgot to include I did download the Kona LHe control panel update and am running v7.5.

Return to posts index

olof ekbergh
Re: Kona Lhe and Snow Leopard upgrade problems
on Jun 10, 2010 at 2:58:24 pm

The current driver is:
"KONA LHe NDD Driver Version 7.5.1, Control Panel, and Notes

(Release Date 3/22/2010, zip archive)
This release fixes a problem that caused the external reference setting to revert to freerun in some situations, plus other improvements. Please read the included release notes for complete details."

From AJA:
http://www.aja.com/support/konaNEW/kona-lhe-lh.php

This may help you.

Olof Ekbergh

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]