FORUMS: list search recent posts

Aja Gen 10

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joel Perez Irizarry
Aja Gen 10
on Jun 3, 2010 at 2:28:09 pm

Hi Bob,

Let me bother you once more. My new Aja Gen 10 just arrived and I'm having a little trouble understanding how to connect it. I need to connect it to both: the digibeta and beta sp. Do I just connect a bnc cable to the Ref Loop in both desks and one to the Aja Kona Break out box? You mention I had to connect it also to the composite cable in the Beta SP. Should a do the same with the DigiBeta? What is the AES 11 supposed to do? That is where I'm supposed to connect to the Kona break out box.

Thanks for your help

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: Aja Gen 10
on Jun 3, 2010 at 4:09:23 pm

First, you must setup the dip switches to the proper sync level (the manual explains) then send one bnc cable from each output to each device. So output 1 to digibeta ref in , 2 to betaSP ref in , 3 to Kona ref in, or whatever combination therein.

AES11 is audio tone, you don't need that unless you need that. ;) It won't help video sync.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
on Jun 4, 2010 at 2:13:43 am

Joel -
the GEN10 has 6 black outputs on it. IT comes from the factory default at 525 NTSC black (not tri level sync, and not set for NTSC bars). You take a seperate BNC cable and feed the REF Video IN of your Dig Beta (not your video input), the REF Video input of your Beta VTR, and if you have a UVW-1800, yes you feed the composite input as well. The UVW-1800 is nothing like the PVW-2800 or BVW-75, which never look at the composite video input as a reference. If you have the UVW-1800, and don't feed it the SAME BLACK as the REF Video input, you will still have problems. This does not apply to your Digi Beta VTR.

Bob Zelin

Return to posts index

Joel Perez Irizarry
on Jun 4, 2010 at 3:31:20 pm

Bob,

Thanks a lot for all your help. Now we have everything up and running. Last night I saw one of the commercials we produced that we made copies of with our new decks, broadcasted on TV and it looked beautiful. Is a nice feeling when you have control of the quality of your copies, rather than giving a file in a hard drive to someone else without knowing what they are going to do with it.

So thanks a lot again to you and all the Creative Cow Team. Vote for Bob Zeling for President! :-)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]