FORUMS: list search recent posts

Kona LHI Setup fo Audio Recording IN FCP Voice Over Tool

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Drew Kilcoin
Kona LHI Setup fo Audio Recording IN FCP Voice Over Tool
on May 17, 2010 at 8:57:39 pm

Hey all,

I currently have a blue snowball USB mic that we use for recording but we would like to get a better mic and use it through our mixer and the KONA LHI to record in FCP 7. Now I am very new to the setup of this and would like any help I could get. I

I have been reading some problems with this, but not sure if it works.

Right now I have and can see levels on my mixer and have the AJA KONA Analog ch 1 cord on my mixer's L channel main output and the AJA KONA Analog Ch 2 cord on the R Channel Main out.

Now to the AJA Control Panel... I set the Input to Analog for video and audio... But very new to trying to capture from the card. What type of settings should I be looking for here?

IN FCP the Voice Over Tool does recognize the AJA Kona LHI as an INput device, but I can't get levels. So what should my capture settings be? Or Control Device Settings Be?? does it Matter?

One thing I was reading is that I need to turn off my monitor ouput, ie turning off all frames. Which I just remember I did not do. But just want to Make sure I have all the settings correct first.

Thanks for the time..

drew

Return to posts index

Drew Kilcoin
Re: Kona LHI Setup fo Audio Recording IN FCP Voice Over Tool
on May 17, 2010 at 10:40:21 pm

Called AJA and seems like I have to have a Video reference for me to even get some sort of audio. Cause all I want to do is record audio from our Mackie Mixer and it seems I need a tc reference(video)... that true???

Drew
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2398405/

Return to posts index

Doug Beal
on May 19, 2010 at 2:19:07 pm

I don't think it's a TC ref it's a clock ref. Even though you are coming in analog you are creating a digital file and it needs to reference something for timing. Think of ref as the drummer. If nobody knows where 1 is, it won't be music, it'll be a mess.
If you want to record audio only, you might want to try soundtrack pro. there you can record and edit with much more sophistication than a frame based app like FCP. Export your mix from STP and import that into FCP

Doug Beal
Editor / Engineer
Rock Creative Images
Nashville TN

Return to posts index

Dave Jenkins
on May 21, 2010 at 4:03:30 am

I do this all the time with my Lhe. The control panel needs to have the audio set to analog not SDI. I don't know about the reference issue because we have always had reference feeding the system. Make sure the output of your mixer is feeding the inputs on the card. I believe the AJA input is a line level. Are you sending line level out?

Dajen Productions, Santa Barbara, CA
MacPro Two 2.8GHz Quad Core - AJA Kona LHe
FCS 3 OS X 10.6 QT 10

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]