FORUMS: list search recent posts

kona stuttering

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andrij Evans
kona stuttering
on May 14, 2010 at 10:37:49 pm

Hi, I don't know if anyone has had this problem.
I am using my Kona LHe to down-convert HD on a G5 to a PAL monitor. The footage is 25p xdcam. It was playing perfectly fine yesterday. Now the output is stuttering and out of sync. It's the same with HDV footage too (another project). If I set FCP to SD PAL output, it plays the HD fine (except it letterboxes it). If I set FCP to 1920x1080 25p or 50i output to let the Kona card down-convert, it stutters. I can play the footage to another cinema display on the mac with no problem, so it's not the data speed coming off the drive (FW800 RAID) I've fiddled with the Kona panel and no other combination seems to do the trick. It will do SD to SD no problems. Even an uncompressed or Pro Res timeline. Any ideas?

thanks in advance

Andrij

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
Re: kona stuttering
on May 15, 2010 at 1:24:22 pm

What are all your settings, Clip, sequence, Kona.

What do you have the RT set to.

Return to posts index

Andrij Evans
on May 15, 2010 at 3:43:11 pm

Kona is set to :
Primary 1080i25
Secondary 625i 25 (and analogue)

FCP 6.06 HDV1080i50 rendered on a DVCproHD 50i timeline
and a different project XDCAM EX 1080p25 rendered to ProResHQ 1080p 25

both projects play fine to the desktop.
RT is set to safe.

Strangely. I just booted up this afternoon and all seems fine. External monitor video plays smoothly and in sync. All with the same settings.

Return to posts index

John Fishback
on May 15, 2010 at 3:40:28 pm

If when you say the HD is letterboxed are you looking at the SD down-conversion? If yes, you can probably change the conversion to Anamorphic in the Format tab of the AJA Control Panel. At least that's how it works with a Kona 3. Are you feeding ref video to the Kona? If yes, has anything happened to the sync or black burst generator? If not, maybe you should try that. Just to check, have you run an AJA System Test on your drive to confirm its speed?

John

MacPro 8-core 2.8GHz 8 GB RAM OS 10.5.8 QT7.6.4 Kona 3 Dual Cinema 23 ATI Radeon HD 3870, 24" TV-Logic Monitor, ATTO ExpressSAS R380 RAID Adapter, PDE enclosure with 8-drive 6TB RAID 5
FCS 3 (FCP 7.0.2, Motion 4.0.2, Comp 3.5.2, DVDSP 4.2.2, Color 1.5.2)

Pro Tools HD w SYNC IO & 192 Digital I/O, Yamaha DM1000, Millennia Media HV-3C, Neumann U87, Schoeps Mk41 mics, Genelec Monitors, PrimaLT ISDN

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]