FORUMS: list search recent posts

When FCP crashes, AJA LHi driver implicated.

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jim Curtis
When FCP crashes, AJA LHi driver implicated.
on May 10, 2010 at 11:56:32 pm

Ever since upgrading to 10.6.3 (which is the first version of 10.6 for me), FCP seems to crash more than usual, and the crash log always has "Kona LHi driver" somewhere in there. I'm running 7.5.1 of the CP, with the FCS updated.

Other than this, it's working fine. Crashes are occasionally caused by changing the View Setting. But not always. Sometimes, it's just dragging footage into a Bin.

Am I alone here?

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
Re: When FCP crashes, AJA LHi driver implicated.
on May 11, 2010 at 1:02:18 am

you are alone.
Trash your FCP preferences. Trash your AJA Kona LHi preferences.
Reboot.

I bet you never did a clean install, and upgraded from 10.5.8 to 10.6.x, and I bet you never uninstalled your AJA Kona old drivers - you probably just loaded in the new 7.5.1 drivers, without uninstalling first. Every problem install is always from a major upgrade that did not do a ground zero clean install.

Bob Zelin

Return to posts index

Jim Curtis
on May 11, 2010 at 2:25:36 pm

Bob, I'd advise you against gambling. I did do a fresh install of 10.6. I had to, because my boot disk wasn't formatted Journaled. I am running 7.5.1 of the AJA CP, and I did uninstall the old drivers first. What I have not done is trash my prefs, which likely got copied over by the 10.6 installer. I will try that next, and see what happens. So, although I may be alone with my problem, I do have you to chastise me when I get off track. I appreciate your tough love.

Jim Curtis
jamesphilipcurtis.com

MacPro (Harpertown-Early 2008) 2x4 3GHz; 32G RAM all the same brand; Dual Boot: 10.6.3 & 10.5.8; QT 7.6.6; FCS3; Kona LHi in PCI slot 3 (7.5.1); Primary display: 30" ACD; Secondary: HP LP2480zx DreamColor (A) via AJA HDP2 SDI to HDMI converter and (B) DVI from MacPro.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on May 11, 2010 at 10:25:48 pm

Contact AJA support, you might find your answer there.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
on May 14, 2010 at 11:28:01 pm

What I have not done is trash my prefs, which likely got copied over by the 10.6 installer.

When you do a CLEAN INSTALL - this means that you load the Snow Leopard Disk, select Utilities, and REFORMAT YOUR DRIVE. This erases EVERYTHING - nothing gets "copied over" by the 10.6 installer.
You DID NOT do a clean install if anything got "copied over".

REFORMAT YOUR BOOT DRIVE, and reinstall everything, and you will have no issues.

Bob Zelin

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]