FORUMS: list search recent posts

AJA Kona 2- AJA Kona TV won’t play HD anymore

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Claude St-Arnaud
AJA Kona 2- AJA Kona TV won’t play HD anymore
on Apr 28, 2010 at 8:15:35 pm

Hi everybody,
I’ve been using the AJA Kona TV software to play out to an external monitor for ever. The usual suspects showed up perfectly, dvcpro50, dv, different flavors of dvcprohd and the like. Lately though, it stopped displaying any HD content on the external monitors. One is a TV Logic LVM-172W, the other a Sony 14M2U SD monitor. Usually, both would display whatever video Kona TV was playing, not anymore. Only SD content is played out. The software does select the correct display mode though.

I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled the Kona software and drivers to no avail. I have a fresh system clone on a firewire drive and I was about to unplug everything, reseat the cards and if it still doesn’t work, reinstall the system etc.

Can somebody point me to another avenue before I go through with my plan. Thank you.

Claude St-Arnaud

P.S.: As far as I can tell, FCP still works fine.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: AJA Kona 2- AJA Kona TV won’t play HD anymore
on Apr 29, 2010 at 11:01:32 am

Trash the AJA TV prefs.

Return to posts index

Claude St-Arnaud
on Apr 29, 2010 at 1:22:32 pm

Thank you for the suggestion Jeremy, I tried it, and Kona TV still crashes on dvcprohd clips. I will convert a clip to 1080i60 uncompressed and see what happens. I will report afterwards.

Claude St-Arnaud - Editor

Return to posts index

Claude St-Arnaud
on Apr 29, 2010 at 2:45:17 pm

As I said before, I converted a dvcprohd 1080i60 clip to 1080i60 uncompressed 8bit and while I was at it, converted the same clip back to another dvcprohd 1080i60 clip. I did this using compressor and a source clip that was processed from P2 by Raylight. That seems to be the key, I forgot to mention that on most of our projects, the source clips are from P2 and are processed using Raylight.

Both Uncomp and dvcprohd clips played back fine in AJA Kona TV.

I didn’t think it was important because the SD clips from Raylight play fine in AJA Kona TV. Only the Raylight HD clips crash the program. Sorry I didn’t realise that earlier...

Return to posts index

cowcowcowcow
Jeremy Garchow
on Apr 29, 2010 at 2:50:00 pm

That makes sense. The rayloght clips are just reference files. AJA TV doesn't know the link to the MXF files.

Return to posts index

Claude St-Arnaud
on Apr 29, 2010 at 3:05:47 pm

Thanks for your help Jeremy!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]