Thank you all in advance for reading and replying to this post. I am trying to figure out if I am getting the right cables and equipment.
I will be using a Final Cut Pro 7 on a 2009 Mac Pro with beta SP deck, firewire DVCAM, Aja Kona LHI with breakout box, big knob mixer, and TV Logic monitor. After looking at the Aja diagram, it shows the Aja as the brain where the video hardware goes in and out of it.
Similar to this setup I plan to build:
1. TV Logic Monitor: in and out of Aja breakout box via SDI
2. Beta SP: in and out of Aja box via component
3. Big Knob Mixer in from RCA audio out
4. Speakers connected to Big KNob mixer
5. Gen 10 connected to Beta SP deck and Aja box
Is that the basic setup or is it common to have decks hardwired directly to the mixer and monitor as well?