FORUMS: list search recent posts

RS-422 control for HDV

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tyler Ries
RS-422 control for HDV
on Apr 15, 2010 at 10:44:45 pm

I know that this issue has been covered on this forum before, but it was a few years back. I am looking for a way to control an HDV deck using the AJA card which can control a deck though the RS-422. I know about the Addenda RS-4/L unit, but have been unable to find one to purchace. I found a listing on the B&H website, but they say it is "no longer available." Does someone know another place where I might be able to buy one? Or possibly another unit that will serve the same function?

I have also seen the deck control over the FireWire cable solution, but that would not really work in our facility as we use one deck between multiple FCP setups in seperate rooms.

Thanks for the help!

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
Re: RS-422 control for HDV
on Apr 16, 2010 at 12:49:45 am

1) if you simply to go to http://www.addenda.com, they will sell you anything you want direct.
2) Convergent Design has a converter for this, that also creates an HD-SDI signal for you.
However, if you think your HDV VTR will cue nicely like a UVW-1800, you are dreaming. It is SLOW -
most people are happy that they can get basic play, ff, rew functions to work.
3) buy a HVR-1500A, it has RS422 control.

Bob Zelin

Return to posts index

Tyler Ries
Re: RS-422 control for HDV
on Apr 16, 2010 at 2:16:59 am

Bob,

Thanks for the info on where to find the control adapter. Any idea if i will also push the time-code information, or is it just simple controls? Either way, this looks like the solution. Thanks!

Also, I looked into the 1500A and recommended they buy that one, but the higher-ups saw the lower price on the smaller model. I keep pushing that, in a professional world, you got to pay to play. Oh well ...

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: S-422 control for HDV
on Apr 17, 2010 at 6:39:35 am

Get the Convergent Design box. I use it and it rocks. FireWire from the deck gets you HD SDI with audio and video, and deck control and timecode. Perfect box.

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]