FORUMS: list search recent posts

Things you take for granted when using AJA products

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alan Okey
Things you take for granted when using AJA products
on Apr 14, 2010 at 5:19:09 pm

I recently started working at a facility that is using Blackmagic Intensity cards for monitoring instead of AJA Kona cards. I'm trying to get them to spring for at least a Kona LHi, but their budget is tight right now.

I discovered an annoying behavior of the Intensity that differs from something I always took for granted using my own Kona LHe. When using the Intensity's SD downconversion mode in Final Cut Pro, it does not automatically shift 720x480 footage up or down one pixel to maintain proper field order when playing out NTSC (720x486) via the component analog outputs. This is annoying beyond belief. The Kona automatically does this right out of the box.

Currently, the only way I can get a DV (720x480) resolution video to play back with the proper field order through the Intensity is to nest it in a 720x486 sequence. This is cumbersome and unnecessary. It's the little things like this that you take for granted after using AJA products. It's a rude awakening when you realize that not everyone sweats the details like AJA!

-Missing my Kona

Return to posts index

Alan Okey
Re: Things you take for granted when using AJA products
on Apr 16, 2010 at 3:55:33 pm

Update:

I just updated to the latest Intensity driver and apparently this issue has been corrected. I still wish I were using my Kona, though...

Return to posts index

Alan Okey
Re: Things you take for granted when using AJA products
on Apr 16, 2010 at 8:28:32 pm

Another update:

After installing a Pro Apps update and restarting, the Intensity is displaying the 720x480 field order incorrectly again. Reinstalling the latest Intensity driver again didn't fix it.

Ugh.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]