FORUMS: list search recent posts

Calibrating monitors with Kona 3

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Juan Carlos Aguirre
Calibrating monitors with Kona 3
on Apr 6, 2010 at 3:17:02 am

Hey Guys...

We are having some difficult to match our monitor outputs, and I'll like to calibrate my LCD's with the right tools. We bought a monitor probe eye-one display 2, recommended by JVC, that let me calibrate my MAC monitors, but I'n not sure how can I calibrate the video output monitors.

Any direction where I can find the right application is very welcome..

We have a Panasonic BT-LH 1700W, and a JVC DTV24L3DY.

JVC has an application for calibration in his site, but is PC only.

Thanks in advance.

JC

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
Re: Calibrating monitors with Kona 3
on Apr 7, 2010 at 6:02:28 am

If you are monitoring via the Kona3 card you calibrate the monitor by sending bars to the monitor from your editing program.

Matching your computer monitors to a broadcast monitor will never happen nor do you really need it to, that is the reason you have and external broadcast monitor.

Return to posts index

walter biscardi
Re: Calibrating monitors with Kona 3
on Apr 7, 2010 at 12:47:48 pm

[Juan Carlos Aguirre] "but I'n not sure how can I calibrate the video output monitors."

You use a proper probe for the broadcast monitors like the ones supplied by Flanders Scientific. We use all FSI broadcast monitors here and their monitors are very easily calibrated using a probe the supply that connects directly to the monitor.

The AJA Kona 3 has nothing to do with calibrating monitors.

As someone else in this thread noted, there is no reason to calibrate your computer monitors to "match" the broadcast monitors. You probably calibrate the professional monitors using a probe or color bars and that is what you should be viewing at all times in terms of color and picture quality.

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Editor, Colorist, Director, Writer, Consultant, Author, Chef.
HD Post and Production
Biscardi Creative Media

"Foul Water, Fiery Serpent" featuring Sigourney Weaver coming soon.

Blog Twitter Facebook

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]