FORUMS: list search recent posts

HP Dreamcolor Monitor / AJA HDP2

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
michael Ruiz
HP Dreamcolor Monitor / AJA HDP2
on Apr 1, 2010 at 12:08:11 am

Hi All

Im not sure if I understand the progressive nature of the HP Dreamcolor monitor. 99% of our work is mastered to HDCAM 23.98. How would I set up the Dreamcolor monitor and an AJA mini converter to view proper image. Im unclear about true progressive and psf and how we would view a true representation of our work. We shoot a lot of our work with a Sony EX1 and EX3 and we also ingest HDCAM SR sources and HDCAM sources. I know this may be a vague question and I've read some of the prior postings. I'm just unclear on how to properly monitor my outputs to an HDCAM deck. We also use ProRes a whole bunch.

Thanks !!

michael

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
Re: HP Dreamcolor Monitor / AJA HDP2
on Apr 1, 2010 at 2:21:35 am

Did you read Jeremy's article just below your post?

- Our software is idiot-proof, if you bought it it proves you are an idiot. - Dilbert

Return to posts index

michael Ruiz
on Apr 1, 2010 at 2:45:59 am

Yea I read it and don't quite understand how the p vs psf will work in the workflow. Am I going to be able to view 23.98 when color correcting and when laying off to HDCAM at 23.98?

Return to posts index

gary adcock
on Apr 1, 2010 at 12:32:25 pm

[michael Ruiz] "Am I going to be able to view 23.98 when color correcting and when laying off to HDCAM at 23.98?"

Unless that HDCam deck gets a HDMI port- how does this affect you?

Not sure you read the article, JG did a good job explaining that this is about Monitoring

gary adcock
Studio37
HD & Film Consultation
Post and Production Workflows for the Digitally Inclined
Chicago, IL

http://blogs.creativecow.net/24640

Return to posts index

michael Ruiz
on Apr 1, 2010 at 4:02:46 pm

Hi Gary

Thanks for responding to my posting. Yes I read the article. I'll try and make my question simple. Does the HP Dreamcolor display 23.98. If not what good is it if 98% of my produced and client content is 23.98.

I read the article and I'm still unclear. Sorry ---

m i c h a e l

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Apr 1, 2010 at 7:42:11 pm

[michael Ruiz] "Does the HP Dreamcolor display 23.98."

It does. But your deck wants psf, and the monitor wants p. The HDP2 will allow to do both (kona in psf, to HDP2 which will output p). The monitor will display 24p material @ 48Hz if you setup the HDP2 to do so, otherwise it displays @ 60Hz.

You can also search here about p vs psf. Gary has gone over a number of times, among others.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

michael Ruiz
on Apr 1, 2010 at 10:58:25 pm

Thanks..I research a bit more . Thanks for your help..

m i c h a e l

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]