FORUMS: list search recent posts

LHi - Extended Desktop with Three Monitors?

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andy Best
LHi - Extended Desktop with Three Monitors?
on Mar 30, 2010 at 2:36:10 pm

I am in a bind,

I am trying to find out if I can extend my desktop to three monitors via my AJA Kona LHi card. I have two monitors set up right now, one as my main monitor and the second as the extended. The third monitor IS connected and is used in Final Cut. Is there a way to make that third monitor an extended desktop screen as well?

Thank you!

Return to posts index

cowcowcowcowcow
Richard Cooper
Re: LHi - Extended Desktop with Three Monitors?
on Mar 30, 2010 at 6:30:34 pm

Are you asking if you can run your broadcast monitor connected to your Kona LHi as a 3rd computer monitor? I believe so. I can do this on my Kona 3 and it works great although this would not work for color grading... but as strictly as a 3rd "desktop monitor", sure. In the AJA control panel, under the control settings select "mackintosh desktop" for your default video output and *bam* you now have a 3rd computer monitor. Then go into your "system settings" on your mac and chose "arrangement and arrange the 3rd monitor where ever you want it to be in reference to the other two.

I am not certain that the LHi has this option but I would think it would be the same as the Kona 3.

Hope this helps.

Richard Cooper
FrostLine Productions, LLC
Anchorage, Alaska
http://www.frostlineproductions.com

Return to posts index

Andy Best
Re: LHi - Extended Desktop with Three Monitors?
on Mar 30, 2010 at 7:55:48 pm

That is exactly what I was looking for. I will give it a shot and let you know. Thank you very much for your help.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]