FORUMS: list search recent posts

KUMO (Physical Control Unit?)

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Phil Erney
KUMO (Physical Control Unit?)
on Mar 29, 2010 at 8:46:55 pm

Has anyone got their hands on the Kona KUMO that can offer a review? It would be interesting to hear a list of physical control unit that could work via the RS-422 control.

Thanks in advance-

Phil

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
Re: KUMO (Physical Control Unit?)
on Mar 31, 2010 at 7:47:35 pm

I have not had a KUMO in my hands, but it is one of the top things I want to see at NAB. With that said, when I first saw the Blackmagic videohub series, I said "where is the damn control panel" - but once you realize where our industry is going - you realize that the days of "having the tape in your hands", or "pushing the button" are over. The Blackmagic software control panel is very very easy to use, and lets any editor (or anyone with a computer) have quick access to the router. I am sure that AJA will provide the same thing.

When I first saw the AJA FS1, I said "where are the damn knobs", but again, the web interface is so easy to use, and so intuitive, that you quickly realize, that from ONE WORKSTATION, you can control your edit system, your routers, your AJA FS1, and other products that will be developed like this, simply by selecting a different "bookmark" on your web browser. The buttons on the FS1 turn into a nusance, and are really for maintenance of the unit, not for day to day operation. The web browser however, is WONDERFUL.

I am one of those guys that said "I just want to push a damn button", but as I realize that videotape is going the way of CRT monitors (I can't color correct on an LCD) - you start to quickly accept that the AJA KUMO only needs a web interface, and if your truck, or master control room, or edit suite does not have a computer in it, to control ALL of these modern devices, then your company is doomed, having employees that want things to be "just like in the good old days".

I cannot wait to get my hands on a KUMO. Who is better than AJA !

Bob Zelin

Return to posts index

Rahasiaja Kitasmua
on Jun 16, 2012 at 8:55:43 pm

Hi, i'm a newb!
i'd like bump this thread, i also would curious if anybody have a review of this router, especially compared to Blackmagic Videohub line.

Quick question, i don't think this converts any signal but i cpuldn't find any answer on google, but can i plug BNC component in and expect SD-SDI out?

Return to posts index

Rahasiaja Kitasmua
on Jun 27, 2012 at 10:35:45 pm

Never mind, i found out. One thing i find lacking here is RS422 remote port, certainly Studio Videohub is more attractive when you consider it.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]